If you want to see how a few years of intelligent investment can turn things around just note that Acer began as an electronic parts distributor only to turn into one of the biggest laptop manufacturers in the world.
The one benefit Acer has over some of the other brands like Lenovo or HP is that you truly get good value for money.
So whether you wanted a laptop for gaming, business, a Chromebook, if you are looking for something mid-range yet powerful enough to run your programs and games, Acer is the right brand.
And in this article, we’ll help you pick the best Acer laptop for each need. Let’s dig right into it.
- Best Acer Laptop for 2021
- Detailed Acer Laptop Reviews
Best Acer Laptop for 2021
Acer Predator Triton 900
Acer Predator Helios 300
Acer Aspire 5 Slim
Acer Spin 3
Acer R11 Chromebook
Acer Predator Triton 900
Acer Predator Helios 300
Acer Aspire 5 Slim
Acer Spin 3
Acer R11 Chromebook
Detailed Acer Laptop Reviews
#1: Acer Predator Triton 900 (Best Acer Laptop for Gaming)
If the god’s used a laptop for gaming, Acer Predator Triton 900 would most likely be the laptop of their choice.
No, we are not kidding, it is that damn good. See for yourself!
- 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750h 6-Core Processor (Up to 4. 5GHz) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- NVidia GeForce RTX 2080 graphics with 8 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 17. 3" Ultra HD (3840 x 2160) widescreen LED-backlit IPS display on two cnc-machined ezel Aero hinges supporting multi-touch with NVIDIA G-SYNC technology (400Nit Brightness & 100% Adobe RGB )
- 32GB DDR4 2666MHz Memory, 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD in RAID 0 configuration (2 x 512GB)
- Per-key RGB backlit Keyboard | LAN: Killer Ethernet E3000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (up to 2. 5 Gaps) | wireless: Killer Double Shot Pro Wireless-AC 1550 802. 11AC | Two 4th Gen All-Metal Aero Blade 3D fans
Features we like
If there is one thing that its 9th Gen i7-9750h 6-Core Processor that turbo-boosts to 4.5GHz guarantees you, it is devastatingly fast speeds. That in tandem with the 32GB RAM means your games and programs will load in mere seconds.
But it isn’t just the RAM that contributes to it. There is also the 1TB NVMe SSD that ensures faster boot and loading while giving you ample space for all your games, profiles and much more.
But what about graphics?
Well, the powerful GeForce RTX 2080 8GB GPU unit combines real-time ray tracing, artificial intelligence, and programmable shading to give you extremely realistic graphics (your gaming experience is about to change forever).
Further helping you enjoy those realistic graphics is the large 17.3” Ultra-HD IPS display that gives you vivid images. That means images so realistic people will be asking you, is that a game or are you watching a movie?
If you haven’t already figured that the Triton 900 isn’t your average laptop, there are two CNC-machined Ezel™ Aero Hinges on either side of the display.
So how do these help?
Well, these tightly grip the laptop display and let you adjust it to a particular angle so you can view comfortably whether you are using it from the bed or on a low coffee shop table.
Even with all that power, the laptop won’t turn into a frying pan after hours of Fortnite or Overwatch.
Ensuring this is the 4th Gen Aeroblade 3D technology with winglets along the top and bottom fan edge and a curved fin to that encourage excellent airflow. And since the blades are ultra-thin, you can barely hear them even when the going gets rough.
Hit the PredatorSense key and further improve your gaming experience as it will give you all the control ever needed over lighting, fan speed, overclocking, game profiles and more.
That means you can control the colors of the RGB Backlit keyboard on a per-key basis.
Tired of latency costing you the chicken dinner always? Say goodbye to that problem with the Killer DoubleShot Pro technology. The Control Center 2.0 gives you the power to adjust bandwidth used by each program so you can keep your pings to the lowest.
What’s a game or movie without amazing sound, right? For that, the laptop delivers hyper-realistic 3D Audio using Waves Nx. Just plug-in your headphones and trust us, you are in for a real treat.
First and foremost, the laptop’s battery life is very disappointing as it has a battery backup of only 3 hours so make sure you have your cord around.
Also, you will need to spend over $3500. But if you a pro gamer and need a top-level laptop to stream and practice for upcoming tournaments, this one is worth every penny.
- It is a super-fast laptop thanks to its 9th Gen i7-9750h 6-Core Processor, 32GB RAM, and 1TB SSD
- The SSD also delivers longevity and tons of space for the games and other important files
- Aeroblade 3D technology keeps the laptop from overheating
- The GeForce RTX 2080 8GB GPU supports real-time ray tracing, artificial intelligence, and programmable shading for excellent graphics
- Supporting that is the ultra-HD and large 17.3” IPS display
- The CNC-machined Ezel™ Aero Hinges allow you to adjust the laptop at multiple angles for comfortable usage
- PredatorSense lets you control keyboard lighting, fan speed, overclocking, etc.
- With Killer DoubleShot Pro, you can adjust the bandwidth each program consumes for lower pings
- The use of Waves Nx means you get hyper-realistic 3D sound
- It has an RGB backlit keyboard
- Battery life is just 3 hours
- It costs a lot of money!
Acer Predator Helios 300 (A Great Alternate for Budget Gamers)
If you do not want to spend over $3500, don’t worry, the Predator Helios 300 has got you well-covered.
- 9th Generation Intel Core i7 9750H 6 Core Processor (Up to 4.5GHz) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Graphics with 6GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 15.6 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED backlit IPS Display (144Hz Refresh Rate, 3ms Overdrive Response Time, 300nit Brightness and 72 percentage NTSC)
- 16GB DDR4 2666MHz Memory, 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD (2 x PCIe M.2 Slots; 1 Slot Open for Easy Upgrades) and 1 Available Hard Drive Bay
- Backlit Keyboard; LAN: Killer Ethernet E2500 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN; Wireless: Killer DoubleShot Pro Wireless AC 1550 802. 11ac; 4th Gen All Metal AeroBlade 3D Fan
Features we like
It costs about $1000 and yet, comes with ample power to run most games. That is because it too features the 9th Gen i7 9750H 6 Core Processor that turbo-boosts to 4.5GHz (just like the Predator Triton 900).
Then there is also the 16GB RAM and the 15” Full-HD IPS display which ensures you can switch between programs smoothly and enjoy your games and movies with high-quality colors and shadows.
Another feature we love about this laptop is its 144GHz refresh rate that prevents any kind of ghosting or blurring giving you a clear edge over most opponents.
You also adjust bandwidth and the PredatorSense gives you control over fan speed, lighting, etc.
Also, the laptop is VR-Ready and features an RGB backlit keyboard which not only adds to the feel but also makes it easy to play in dim light.
But that is pretty much it when you compare this to the Predator Triton 900.
The GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GPU will support a lot of the games such as Overwatch, PUBG, GTA V and deliver good graphics at the highest settings.
But then, you may have to play some of the latest, more graphics-intensive titles on lower settings.
The 256GB SSD does provide a speed boost when loading games or booting the laptop but does not give you enough space and will need to be upgraded in the future (and that costs you extra).
The laptop also has complaints of backlight bleeding from many users.
- Capable of running popular games like Overwatch, PUBG, Fortnite, GTA V, etc.
- The 144GHz refresh rate ensures no disruptions because of ghosting or blurring
- 15″ Full-HD screen is large and gives you good colors and shadows for a delightful viewing experience
- It is VR-Ready
- Get full control over keyboard backlight colors, cooling, etc. with PredatorSense
- No more low pings as you can adjust bandwidth based on the games using the Killer DoubleShot Pro
- The concave shape of the WASD keys makes it easier to access them quickly
- Low storage space
- Backlight bleeding reported by some users
- The cooling fan gets noisy
- Cannot support some graphics-intensive games
Yup, the Helios 300 has its drawbacks but considering it costs less than half the price of the Predator Triton 900, for any budget gamer, this is by far the ideal pick.
#2: Acer Spin 3 (Best Convertible Acer Laptop)
Do you have a business or work profile that constantly keeps you on the move? Then you need a highly portable and easily accessible laptop and the Acer Spin 3 is just that.
Here’s more about it.
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7 8565U Processor (Up to 4.6GHz)
- 14 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED backlit IPS Multi Touch Convertible Display
- 16GB DDR4 Memory & 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- Rechargeable Active Stylus; Thin 0.38 inches Bezel; Dual Front Facing Speakers; 802.11acWi Fi featuring 2x2 MU MIMO Technology
- Just 0.78 inches Thin, 3.75 pounds and Up to 12 Hours of Battery Life
Features we like
Well, it is quite obvious why these laptops suit people on the move so much. They are light, portable and can be used pretty much anywhere due to their 360-degree hinge.
That is because the laptop can be converted into a tablet, used in tent mode, studio mode or as a regular laptop giving you the ability to work even in tight spaces like the flight, while lazing around on the couch, etc.
Plus, you can navigate around either using your hands or the stylus in seconds thanks to the excellent touchscreen which further adds to the comfort of using the laptop.
Once you are done using the stylus, the rechargeable stylus goes right inside the laptop so there is no chance you lose it.
But that isn’t the only thing that is awesome about this laptop. It is pretty darn powerful as well.
For starters, there is the 8th Gen i7 8565U processor with an ability to turbo-boost to 4.6GHz.
It is also equipped with 16GB RAM which is at par with most high-end level laptops costing you about $2000 or more so your programs and games upload in quick-time.
And since using a laptop is all about speed and convenience it also features a 512GB SSD. That is large enough for you to install the OS and all-important programs and games on for better speed.
Also, as many of you might have already read above that SSDs also give you a better life as they have lesser moving parts compared to an HDD so you get maximum value for money.
And since you will be paying just about $800 for this laptop, I would that is a pretty good deal but wait, we aren’t done with the features yet.
Work to games to movies, none of it will feel right if the laptop does not have a good screen and thankfully, the Acer Spin 3 does not disappoint.
It has a 14” Full-HD IPS display that is better than quite a few convertible laptops in this range (as I said, you won’t be disappointed either).
Plus, it has a 0.38” bezel which gives you an excellent 78.9% body to screen ratio so you have a much larger and clearer viewing area than with some other laptops.
But the best part about the laptop has to be its amazing battery life. Unlike the previously-mentioned laptops, The Spin 3 has a battery backup of a whopping 12 hours.
Thus it is sure to last you way more than a regular workday (forgot your charger? Most likely, you won’t need it).
Lastly, to ensure you have all the needed privacy and don’t have to worry about forgetting log-in passwords all the time, the laptop has a fingerprint scanner.
The integrated graphics card of the laptop is one of the biggest setbacks with this laptop as some of the games can only be run on lower settings. Similarly, large-scale video editing and graphics designing will be a lot slower than with a GPU
Also, the laptop’s fan becomes quite loud as it heats but on the bright side, the fans and vents do a good job of keeping the laptop cool (a small trade-off I guess).
- It weighs just about 3.5lbs and thus easy to carry around
- The 360-degree hinge allows you to use it as a tablet, tent mode, etc.
- It has a 12-hour battery backup
- The 512GB NVMe SSD is both quick and durable
- You get enough storage space for the OS, games, movies, and other files
- The rechargeable stylus can be placed right back into the laptop when not in use for safekeeping
- It has a fingerprint scanner for privacy
- RAM and CPU are powerful enough for games like Overwatch or programs such as Premiere Pro
- The 14” Full-HD IPS display delivers good pictures and you get more viewing area as well
- The fan can be loud when the laptop is heated
- Integrated graphics card limits its ability to run graphics-intensive games and programs
#3: Acer Aspire 5 Slim (Best Acer Laptop for Budget Buyers)
Are you looking for a laptop only for entertainment purposes or just for some light work like handling presentations, content writing, etc.? Then the Acer Aspire 5 is worth the consideration and here’s why.
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual Core Processor (Up to 3.5GHz); 4GB DDR4 Memory; 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 15.6 inches full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED backlit IPS display; AMD Radeon Vega 3 Mobile Graphics
- 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port, 2 USB 2.0 ports & 1 HDMI port with HDCP support
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi; Backlit Keyboard; Up to 7.5 hours battery life
- Windows 10 in S mode. Maximum power supply wattage: 65 Watts
Features we like
There are 4 features we like about this laptop and I am sure you guys will too.
Firstly, it is the price. You get a bargain for just about $300 and the reason we call it that, is below.
The laptop has a large 15.6” Full-HD IPS display and since you will be using this laptop mainly for entertainment purposes, that is a must.
Most other laptops at this or a lower price range only support 720p.
It also has a 128GB SSD. Now, I know that isn’t a lot of storage space so it might need to be upgraded in the future but there is plenty for some movies, songs, images, and videos.
Not to forget, the speed and durability an SSD offers. Also, laptops within this range don’t usually come with an SSD thus making Acer Aspire 5 Slim standout.
It also gives you an 8-hour battery backup so you can watch a movie or two or work on your presentation while you sip coffee at a nearby cafe without worrying about charging the laptop.
And making it possible for you to make these presentations and even write articles, etc. are the AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Processor, Vega 3 Graphics card and 4GB RAM.
Unlike some cheaper laptops, this also comes with pre-installed windows 10 and since it is very compact and light, carrying it around should be no burden on a day to day basis.
Lastly, it also features a backlit keyboard so working at night should be easy peasy without disturbing anyone.
As you may have already made out, the laptop cannot be used for any graphics-intensive work such as high-end games, video editing software, etc.
It is also not very durable due to the use of plastic so make sure you do not drop it.
- It offers great value for money as it is available for just about $300
- The ideal laptop for those looking for a laptop for kids or just for entertainment purposes
- Comes with a 15.6” Full-HD IPS display that is pretty good
- Since it has an SSD, it boots faster and also ensure your disk runs for long without trouble
- The 8-hour battery life gives you the freedom to move around without having to look for power outlets
- Comes with Windows 10 pre-installed
- It has a backlit keyboard
- The 4GB RAM can be upgraded if you need a speed boost
- Not a very durable laptop as the exterior is made out of plastic
- Not suitable for gaming, video editing, etc.
#4: Newest Acer R11 (Best Acer Chromebook)
Chromebooks are popular not just because they are cheaper. They can be used for much more, especially if they are the R11.
To know why we rate it so highly, read below.
- Intel Celeron N3150 Quad-Core Processor 1. 6GHz with Intel Burst Technology up to 2. 08GHz
- 11. 6" HD Widescreen LED-backlit IPS Touchscreen Display, supporting 10 finger touch, Intel HD Graphics
- 4GB DDR3L Onboard Memory, 32GB SSD
- Up to 10-hours Battery Life, 1x USB 3. 0, 1x USB 2. 0, HDMI,
- 802. 11AC, Chrome OS, 2. 76lb
Features we like
This Chromebook is unlike most Chromebooks you will come across and that is down to its sheer features.
While most Chromebooks sport a Celeron processor, The R11 comes with an Intel Quad-Core Celeron N3150 processor that turbo-boots to 2.08GHz and puts it leaps and bounds ahead of many of the Chromebooks.
Another standout feature of it is the use of an SSD. Chromebooks usually have eMMC storage. Now, while that is also quick nothing like the speed and durability an SSD offers. The R11 has a 32GB SSD for all your storage needs.
Oh, and did I tell you it is a convertible Chromebook? Yup, even this has a 360-degree hinge and thus can be used in tablet, tent, Studio, and laptop mode whenever needed. Thus giving you freedom most Chromebooks can’t.
But the portability isn’t just limited to its convertibility but also it’s ultralight and compact build which means it weighs just 2.78lbs.
The speakers are also quite good and it comes with all other basic features you would want in a Chromebook like an HD webcam, multiple USB ports, etc.
My only issue with this Chromebook is the display. While an 11.6″ display is a good size I would have preferred a Full-HD display considering it costs above $250 and will mainly be used for watching movies and TV series.
You also cannot play games on it as it lacks the processor, RAM, GPU, etc. to support games like Fortnite or PUBG.
Lastly, since Chromebooks do not run on the Chrome OS, they do not support many of the Windows programs thus really limiting their use.
But considering its portability and comparatively better specs, if you love using the Chrome OS, this is one of the best available in the market.
- It is a convertible Chromebook and thus is easy to use
- The Chromebooks weighs just 2.7lbs and is also very compact
- Comes with a Quad-Core Celeron N3150 processor which is rarely seen in Chromebooks
- It also has a 4GB RAM and thus can handle running multiple tabs and programs with ease
- A 32GB SSD is another one of the rare specs you will find in Chromebooks
- Does not support a lot of the Windows programs
- You cannot enjoy games like PUBG, Fortnite, etc. on it
- The display is not a Full-HD display