As an Amazon Associate we earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Does your old laptop not work fast quickly as it did before or is it heating up too much? If you do not want to spend on repairs (because you will need plenty of that) and think it is the right time to go for an upgrade, then you are in the right place.
That is because we are not going to ask you to spend $1000 or $2000 on a new laptop. Yup, in this article, we will cover detailed reviews of the best laptops under $700 for every need.
Believe it or not, you can easily get a powerful gaming laptop under $700, capable of running even the latest games. Want to know which are these laptops that will help you save a few bucks?
Let’s dig right into them.
Best Laptop Under $700 for 2020
Acer Nitro 5
| ||View on Amazon|
Microsoft Surface Pro 6
| ||View on Amazon|
Acer Aspire 5
| ||View on Amazon|
| ||View on Amazon|
| ||View on Amazon|
Where the Lenovo Chromebook lacks, the Surface Pro 6 makes up and is one of the best new launches especially for travelers with an eye for graphics and photo editing and here’s why.
If you are looking for a mid-range work and play laptop the Surface Pro perfectly hits the brief with its 8th Gen i5 Processor and its 8GB RAM.
This means the laptop can easily run software like Lightroom, Photoshop, etc. and even games such as PUBG or Fortnite (though it is more of an artist’s laptop, who does not enjoy the occasional break, right?).
Further, enabling you to work at faster speeds while giving you enough space to install heavy editing software is the 128GB SSD.
Think you need more power, space, and memory? Luckily, you also have the option of an i7 processor, 1TB SSD storage and a 16GB RAM (now that is what I would call a peach of a laptop).
Allowing designers to work on the go is the portability and versatility of the Surface Pro. In an instant, you can flip from a laptop to tablet or even into studio mode (adapts to just the way you want to use it for).
It also features Cortana, the Windows Virtual Assistant. So whether you want to make appointments, reschedule them, get latest flight tickets, etc. you have an on the go assistant ready to do the job for you anywhere anytime.
Another standout feature of the Surface Pro 6 is the variety of accessories compatible with it. From an external keyboard, mouse to even surface dial or a pen, these accessories will make using the laptop a breeze.
Furthermore, the laptop easily fits into the ultralight category since it weighs just and I repeat just 1.7lbs (even your kids can carry this in their hands).
And just like any high-end powerful laptop, this one will also stick by you for 8-10 hours on a single charge which is ample for a hard day’s work.
Lastly, 12.3-inch PixelSense Display gives you decent colors and contrast to help you get the job done well enough. Not full HD, but yet, impressive.
Like I mentioned above, it does not support Full-HD or 4k display which is a tad disappointing.
Also since all the accessories are sold separately, it can become expensive.
- It has an 8th Gen i5 Processor and its 8GB RAM for quick and efficient multitasking
- The 128GB SDD reduces booting time and loads up programs faster
- It is also plenty of storage space for your travel videos and images or work files
- You can switch to a tablet, tent mode or studio mode in mere seconds
- Weighs just 1.7lbs and thus easy to carry around
- It has an excellent 8-10-hour battery life for uninterrupted work or gaming
- Cortana acts as your virtual assistant helping you stay on top of important tasks
- It has a variety of accessories that make using the laptop easy peasy
- The PixelSense Technology display does a great job of capturing details
- None of the accessories are available for free
- It does not support 4k or Full-HD display
Are you on a tight budget or simply do not want to spend too much on a new laptop ? Well, the Acer Aspire 15 one of the best laptops under $600 and here’s all you need to know abouut
What’s to like
Most often budget laptops are not really powerful unless you actually have the Acer E15 which has an 8th Gen i5-8250U Processor with a clock speed that can reach up to 3.4GHz making it fastest processor you can get in this price range.
Further, the laptop also has an 8GB RAM which good enough to run most programs without any lagging and hanging or open multiple browsers and tabs at once without toasting the components.
Also, boosting the speed is the 256GB SSD which ensures better boot time and faster loading of apps compared to an HDD laptop (not be a lot of space but definitely checks all boxes in the speed departments).
And if you thought budget gaming laptops often lose out on good graphics card, the E15 will definitely make you rethink. That is because it comes with a 2GB Dedicated GeForce MX150 graphics card.
This gives you faster rendering if you are making any video edits or sound edits and also allows you to play all the latest gaming titles without any screen tearing.
If you are a workaholic and do not like any kind of interruption during work, the 14-15-hour battery life is just the kind of feature to support you.
And you can continue that all through the night in complete darkness as well with the backlit keyboard.
It also has a big 15.6-inch display and it since it is Full-HD, from viewing videos, podcasts to even movies, it is all a delight. You also get good viewing angles so you can work from the couch, bed, etc.
The TrueHarmoney Technology gives the speaker a good bass and volume range so even at a higher volume the sound does not distort giving you an immersive movie or music experience.
Lastly, there are USB 3.0 ports so all your data transfers are also quick. It is no ThunderBolt port but nonetheless, you get excellent speed.
- Screen Size: 15.6-inches Full-HD
- Storage: 256GB SSD
- RAM: 8GB RAM.
- Processor: i5 processor
- Graphics card: GeForce MX150, 2GB Dedicated
- Weight: 5.27lbs
On the downsides, the laptop is on the heavier side as it weighs around 5lbs. Plus it is also not as compact as the MacBook or Dell XPS 13 which means carrying it around is going to be tougher.
Also, it has an i5 processor. Now, that is way better than an i3 or other lower processors but does not match the ability of an i7 laptop.
Also, the 256GB provided isn’t a lot of space so you might need to take regular backups especially if you have lots of large videos files to store.
- The is the best budget podcasting laptop for beginners
- It has an 8th Gen i5-8250U Processor which clocks at 3.4GHz
- With 8GB RAM, it can handle multitasking with ease
- The 256GB SSD gives you great boot time and software, games, etc. load in an instant
- Supporting all your graphics-intensive is the 2GB Dedicated GeForce MX150 graphics card
- It has a great 14-15 hours battery life which is more than what you will need on a regular workday
- The backlit keyboard helps you work comfortably in the dark
- It has a large 15.6-inch Full-HD display and captures good colors and contrast
- TrueHarmoney Technology delivers quality bass and no distortion at higher volumes
- The USB 3.0 ports are ideal for fast data transfers
- It is heavier and larger than other models and thus not so travel-friendly
- The processor isn’t as powerful as that of the MacBook or Dell XPS 13
- The 256GB SSD is fast but not spacious enough
#5: Lenovo Flex
Looking for a travel laptop on the cheap? At less than $500, this Convertible Lenovo Chromebook is where your search finally ends.
The reason the laptop is so ideal for travelers is because of its touchscreen and 360-degree convertibility. This the laptop can also be used as a tablet or even in the tent mode.
So whether you are cramped up for space in a flight or spending the night on someone’s couch, the Chromebook is pretty easy to use for browsing, movies, music, etc.
Plus, it only weighs 2.6lbs and is compact enough to be carried around in the hands and comfortably fits into any handbag as well making it a traveler’s delight.
But that is not all, for a cheap Chromebook, the C330 can pack a punch as well with its MediaTek MT8173C Processor and 4GB LPDDR3 Memory good enough to browse on multiple tabs, windows, watching movies all day long or even light gaming on the Chrome OS.
Furthermore, making all those long hours of travel entertaining is the 11-inch HD IPS display which delivers good sharpness and contrast.
There is also a 64GB eMMC storage so you know the laptop will be lightning-fast when it comes to booting and loading up apps while giving you a decent amount of storage for images, videos, etc.
But what if you need more storage? Well, that is where the free 100GB of Cloud Storage on Google Drive comes in handy.
The laptop has USB 3.0 ports so you can enjoy quick transfer speeds and also charge your devices like smartphones, watches, etc. You also have the option of connecting 2 devices using Bluetooth thanks to the Bluetooth 4.1 Technology.
Lastly, it has an 8-10 hour battery life which is pretty good for a low-costing Chromebook so you do not have to worry about carrying your charger or looking for power outlets all the time.
On the downsides, it is not the most advanced laptop and neither does it support any Windows software which limits its use for entertainment purposes only.
Also, it does not have a full-HD screen.
- Its touchscreen and 360-degree convertibility make it the ideal travel laptop
- This means you can use it in tent mode or even as a tablet
- It weighs just 2.6lbs and is compact enough to fit into any bag or carried in hand
- With its MediaTek MT8173C Processor and 4GB LPDDR3 Memory, it can handle everyday browsing, etc. with relative ease
- The 11-inch HD IPS display is quite clear and bright
- You get additional 100GB of Cloud Storage on Google Drive
- It has a long 8-10-hour battery life
- USB 3.0 ports allow you to connect and even charge devices like your smartphone etc.
- With Bluetooth 4.1, you can connect2 devices at once
- It is one of the most cost-effective travel laptops
- Not suitable for professional use
- Does not feature a Full-HD display
Last Updated on