As an Amazon Associate we earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
If you are looking for mid-range or cheaper laptops and you haven’t yet paid attention to Lenovo Laptops, trust me, you are missing out.
That is because their features and the relatively lower cost makes them real value for money picks. Not to forget, Lenovo offers some of the best customer services to people when compared to brands like HP, Dell, etc.
Oh, and they have a laptop for anything and everything.
That means whether you are a gamer, a businessman or someone looking for a convertible laptop to work on the go, Lenovo has got one for all. So without wasting another second, let’s dig into the best Lenovo laptops for 2020.
Detailed Lenovo Laptops Reviews
#1: Lenovo Legion Y7000 – Best Lenovo Laptop for Gaming
If you want a Lenovo laptop that can handle all kinds of gaming titles such as the latest FIFA, GTA, etc. then the Lenovo Legion Y7000 is just what you need and here’s why.
- POWERFUL GAMING LAPTOP: The Lenovo Legion Y7000 gaming laptop comes with an Intel Core i7-8750H Processor, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Discrete Graphics, 16 GB DDR4 RAM, 1 TB HDD + 128GB PCIe SSD and more.
- PRACTICAL PORTABILITY: At 1.1 inch thin and only 5.2 pounds, the Legion Y7000 gaming laptop was redesigned to deliver the ideal balance between epic gaming performance and practical portability
- FHD DISPLAY: Featuring bezels that are only 0.3 inches thin, the Y7000 Laptop rocks a 15.6" FHD display, 300 nits of brightness, and brings your games to life
- BACKLIT KEYBOARD: Legion Y7000 is equipped with a full-sized, white backlit and high-response keyboard and number pad to your hands with 1.7 mm of key travel for the most ergonomic and comfortable gaming experience
- 60 FPS AND BEYOND: Lenovo gaming laptop comes specced with the latest generation Intel processors, NVIDIA discrete graphics, DDR4 memory and more, all optimally cooled via a reengineered dual-channel cooling system
You want an exhilarating gaming experience and that is just what the Legion Y7000 ensures with its top of the line features starting with the i7-8750H Processor.
Next up, it is the defining feature of any gaming laptop, its GPU unit and the Y7000 comes with the GTX 1060 1GB dedicated graphics card. That is good enough to ensure you can play games at the highest settings without any lag.
Along with all the gaming, you can also run other programs in the background thanks to 16GB RAM which makes multitasking a smooth experience.
Want more speed? Then that is just what the 128GB SSD is primed for. Install your OS on it your laptop will boot in seconds. And if you need space for all the profiles, videos, etc. the 1TB HDD is perfect for it.
With all those high-end features I am sure you are worried about the laptop heating up within a few hours, right? But that is just what the thermally optimized cooling system is meant to prevent.
Apart from being a power-packed gaming laptop, it is a highly portable one as well as it weighs just about 4 pounds (so you barely feel the weight of it).
Plus, it is 26mm thin and easily fits into any kind of bag or even a handbag.
To nail those headshots or even to enjoy the eye-popping backgrounds in the games these days you also need a good display.
And guess what, it hardly gets any better than a 15” Full-HD display. Plus, it is an IPS display so you get colors and contrast that is sure to leave you in awe (Final Fantasy XV, here we come).
Also, you can continue gaming for hours without your eyes hurting or turning red as the display is anti-glare and there is a backlit keyboard as well (no stopping you from that chicken dinner now I guess).
My only concern with this laptop was the battery life as I could only extract about 4-5 hours of battery life. So if you plan on using it for long hours, keep the charger around.
- It is one of Lenovo’s most powerful gaming laptops
- The powerful processor, RAM and Graphics Card allow you to run any of the latest gaming titles
- You do not have to worry about lag or distorted images
- With the 128GB SSD, your laptop will boot faster
- The 1TB HDD gives you tons of space for gaming profiles and data
- The thermally optimized cooling system keeps it cool at all times
- It weighs just around 4 pounds and is 26mm thin making it easy to carry around
- The 15” Full-HD IPS display ensure you get mesmerizing graphics
- Your eyes won’t hurt either as it has an anti-glare coating
- Backlit keyboard allows comfortable gaming even in the dark
- Low battery life
#2: Lenovo YogaBook C930 – Best Lenovo laptop for Business
Are you looking for a portable laptop that can be easily carried around for your business meetings and travels? The C930 is tailor-made for you and here’s why.
- 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8550U processor, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB PCIe Solid State Drive
- 15.6" 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) 10-point Multitouch Screen, Discrete NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics with 4GB RAM
- 360° flip-and-fold design Offers four versatile modes — laptop, tablet, tent and stand, and backlit keyboard
- Built-in fingerprint reader, 2x USB 3.0 Type A Ports, 1xUSB 3.1 Type C Ports,1xThunderbolt 3 Ports, 1xHDMI
- Windows 10 64bit, JBL Stereo Speakers, Weighs 4.17 lbs. and Measures 0.7" thin
From the airplanes, beaches, hotel rooms to hilltops, if you have a business to handle and meetings to attend or have been bitten by the travel bug, this 2-1 convertible solution is just what you need.
Yup, the 360-degree hinge allows you to convert it from a traditional laptop to studio mode to a tablet in a matter of seconds.
And unlike most of the convertible laptops, this baby is powerful and fast enough to run all kinds of programs and even games (from video editing software like Adobe Premiere to games like GTA V, it can handle it all).
That is because it has an i7-8550U processor, 16GB RAM and a GeForce GTX 1050 Graphics with a 4GB dedicated RAM.
Plus, there is also a whopping 1TB SSD which not only gives you more speed and space than a regular HDD but will also last longer as SSDs have minimal working parts.
All those game graphics and movies are going to be more surreal than ever as its 15” display is an Ultra-HD display (4k resolution).
And in case you need to take/make a video call, you can do it without interrupting any work as the C930 supports dual screens.
But it isn’t just the display that ups the entertainment quotient, it is also the only ever laptop to sport a rotating soundbar.
So whether you are in Tent Mode, laptop mode or tablet mode, those Dolby Atmos speakers deliver a sound that will keep you hooked (for your earphones? No problem).
Navigating around when in tent or tablet mode is hassle-free with the 10-point multi-touchscreen.
To ensure you can backup even the largest of files within minutes, the laptop also features 1 Thunderbolt 3 port that can provide speeds up to 10GBPS or more. There are multiple USB 3.0 Type-A Ports and USB 3.1 Type C Ports as well for various other uses.
Once again, battery life is an issue. It lasts about 6-7 hours with light usage and about 3-5 hours with heavy usage. It is not bad but longer battery life would have been ideal
Also, some buyers find the price tag a little steep but considering its high-end features, it is well worth every penny spent.
- The 360-degree hinge allows you to use it in tent, tablet or laptop mode
- It weighs about 4lbs and ultra-compact so carrying it around is a breeze
- The laptop’s powerful enough to run games, video editing and graphics software like Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- The 4k resolution and 15″ screen elevate the viewing experience to a whole new level
- It also supports dual-screen display
- With the 1TB SSD, the laptop gives you space, speed, and better durability
- Rotating speakers and Dolby Atmos further make movies and games engaging
- The Thunderbolt gives data transfer speeds of up to 10GBPS or more
- Longer battery life would have been ideal
- Some buyers may find the price tag steep
#3: Lenovo 500E Chromebook – Best Lenovo Chromebook
If you want a laptop purely for entertainment purposes and do not want to spend big on it a Chromebook will suit you best.
And with the Lenovo 500E, we are not just talking about any Chromebook but rather one of the most powerful ones on the market.
- The cameras work in two directions
- Extra protection for the display
- Adapts to individual Learning styles
While most Chromebooks come with a MediaTek processor, what makes the Lenovo 500E so powerful and capable handling complex tasks is its Intel Celeron N4100 Processor.
Then there is also the 4GB RAM and the 32GB eMMC storage. While the RAM is enough to allow you multitasking, the eMMC storage boosts speed and gives you more space than the cheaper Chromebooks.
That means you can use the Chromebook for more than just surfing the internet, handling social media and so on. This one can even help you make presentations on MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint or other similar software.
Also, what I like about this Chromebook is its Pen. It is pressure-sensitive and thus very accurate and helps you navigate around or even write with ease (just like a real pen).
Plus, it need not be charged or paired so you can use it across various devices. And when you are done, the storage is available right in the Chromebook for easy access.
The 11.6″ display is a Full-HD display thus providing you an excellent viewing experience when you stream movies and TV Shows. Plus, in tandem with the two Full-HD cameras, it makes videos calls whether personal or business, a delight.
And the display won’t break or scratch that easily either as it has a Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Damage Resistance Coating.
Not just that, it is also drop-tested from a height of about 29.5 inches while its sealed touchpad can tackle spills of up to 330 ml making it the ideal laptop to give to your kids for study purposes or even for use by schools.
It is also very portable as it weighs about 2.5lbs and can be used almost anywhere since it can be converted into a tablet or used in Tent Mode thanks to the 360-degree hinge and multi-point touchscreen.
Plus, it can run for up to 10 hours even with all your streaming and work thus eliminating the need for you to be carrying a charger and giving you the freedom to work from coffee shops, co-working spaces or atop a hill.
There really isn’t much to fault about this Chromebook except for the fact that is costs much higher than most Chromebooks. But then, it is also. much faster, powerful and durable.
Also, it is only suited for light work and entertainment but that is something I am sure you are already aware of as Chromebooks run on Chrome OS and are often not very feature-rich
- An ideal Chromebook for use in schools or for children at home
- That is because it is drop tested from 29.5″ and can handle spills up to 330ml
- Even adults can use it for work and entertainment purposes due to its higher specs
- It comes with a Celeron N4100 Processor, 4GB RAM, and 32GB eMMC storage
- With 2 HD Cameras, video calling and conferencing is crystal clear both in terms of audio and video
- It can be converted into a Tablet or used in Tent Mode as it has a 360-degree hinge
- The battery runs for about 10 hours on a single charge
- The Corning Gorilla Glass 3 is scratch-resistant
- Its Pen helps you type just a like a real pen would as it is pressure-sensitive and very accurate
- You also do not need to pair or charge it and thus can be used across devices
- Costlier but also more advanced than other Chromebooks
- Not ideal for professionals into video editing, graphics or gaming
Lenovo Chromebook C330 – A Cheaper Chromebook
If you are looking for a Lenovo Chromebook on a lower budget then the Lenovo Chromebook C330 is definitely worth the consideration.
It comes with a larger 64GB eMMC memory and costs less than $250. Even this Chromebook can be converted as it has a 360-degree hinge and is more compact and lighter compared to the Lenovo 500E.
On the downside, the display isn’t Full-HD but is still pretty good. Also, it isn’t as durable but nevertheless, for a cheaper Chromebook, gets the job done and is ideal for kids or for entertainment purposes.
- Get high performance when you need it – the Chromebook C330 boots up in seconds* and features easy-to-use Chrome OS, plenty of memory and storage, and so much more
- Sleek, stylish, and secure, this 360⁰ convertible laptop is less than 1-inch thin and about the weight of a hardback book, with an 11-inch touchscreen display that's perfect for day-to-day computing and multimedia, on or offline
- The Lenovo Chromebook C330 is easy to use, offers built-in virus protection and keeps going with long battery life. No setup needed – just login with a Google account so emails, maps, documents, and photos stay with you via cloud storage
- Built to connect, this notebook computer includes a variety of USB ports for effortless connectivity. Plus, stay in touch with the built-in camera
- Users love it! "High end features for a low price," says one happy reviewer. Another adds, "This Chromebook has far exceeded my expectations. ... The speed is snappy and the device responds quickly to gestures and commands."
#4: Lenovo Thinkpad E590 (Best Lenovo Laptop for Budget Buyers)
Probably, you do not have $1000 or $2000 to spend on a laptop but thanks to the Lenovo ThinkPad E590, you can still get an excellent laptop capable enough to run most games and programs.
Here’s more about it.
- RAM: 16GB DDR4 RAM; Storage: 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD (Seal is opened for upgrade ONLY, Professional Installation Service included)
- 15.6-Inch Anti-Glare (1366x768) Display with Front Facing HD Webcam | Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620 - Supports external digital monitor via HDMI or USB Type-C; Supports dual independent display; Max resolution: 1920x1080 (HDMI)@60Hz
- Whiskey Lake-U CPU: Intel Quad Core i5-8265U 1.6 GHz (Turbo 3.90 GHz, 4 Cores 8 Threads, 6MB SmartCache)
- Intel 9260 11ac, 2x2 + BT5.0 Combo | HD Webcam
- Windows 10 Professional 64-bit - Ideal for Home, Professionals, Small business, School Education
Most gaming titles like Fortnite and PUBG require only an i5 Processor and that is exactly what the ThinkPad E590 is equipped with. And while you might be disappointed at the clock speed of i5-8265U processor i.e. 1.6GHz, it can turbo boost to a whopping 3.9GHz when called upon.
There is also a 16GB RAM. This in tandem with the processor makes the laptop capable of handling not just a few games but also light video editing, graphics designing or programming making it the ideal laptop for students who love to play the occasional game.
For a laptop that costs about $700, I also love the fact that it has a large SSD. Yup, the 512GB SSD has ample space so you can install both your OS and important program. This means your laptop boots faster and you can switch between tabs and windows faster.
More importantly, SSDs also help you get value for money as they are more durable.
The 15″ screen is large and suitable for all those movies and TV series you are about to stream as it supports HD resolution. And feel free to binge-watch on those series and movies as the anti-glare coating will keep the eyes protected.
As for durability, the bad boy has passed the United States Military Standards thus becoming one of the very few laptops to have a MIL-STDD-810G military certification (need I even say more about the durability?).
The batteries also run for about 11 hours without fail. This gives you the freedom to move around with your laptop so you can work from a coffee shop, couch or even the bed on the days you are feeling particularly lazy.
And when it does run out of battery, the rapid charge allows it to go from 0% to 80% (which should be good enough for 8-10 hours) in just 60-minutes.
This also made possible by the 180-degree hinge that helps you get the right angle with ease and its lightweight build (it weighs just about 4.7lbs).
For a cheaper laptop, I was also quite impressed with the Dolby speakers. Plus there is the HD webcam and the noise-canceling microphone that makes video calling your loved ones hassle-free (no wonder it is Skype-Certified).
One of the major drawbacks of this laptop is that it is limited in its use. For starters, it has an i5 processor but more importantly, it is due to the integrated graphics card.
This means you cannot be playing games on the highest graphics setting or use the laptop for video editing, graphics designing, 3D animation, etc.
Secondly, the display is not a Full-HD display which does hamper the viewing experience to some extent as you do not the best colors and contrast,
Lastly, it does not have a backlit keyboard. So if the lights were to turn off, there is no way you could continue using the laptop.
- It has an i5 processor and 16GB RAM that makes it ideal for students into video editing, animation, etc.
- With a 512GB SSD, you can enjoy faster booting time, plus, the programs load faster
- The MIL-STDD-810G military certification means it can handle daily rigors with ease
- Anti-glare coating on the 15″ screen protects the eyes from tiredness
- It has a battery life of about 11 hours
- Charged from 0 to 80% in a mere 60-minutes
- The 180-degree hinge allows you to find a comfortable viewing angle with ease
- The sound quality of the Dolby Atmos speakers is pretty good
- It is Skype-Certified thanks to its HD webcam and noise-canceling microphone
- Does not support a Full-HD display
- There is no backlit keyboard
- Not suitable for graphics-intensive tasks like gaming, video editing, etc.
Everybody loves a good solid laptop on the cheap. So if you are a student not wanting to spend the big bucks yet, then trust me, you won’t regret this buy.
Last Updated on