Want to capture important information that is displayed on your Dell laptop but not sure how?
Would you like to screenshot a part of your screen for use on a presentation or training that you are about to partake?
In this post, we are going to discuss the various ways of how to screenshot on a Dell laptop.
The Easiest Way to Screenshot
To start with, it is important to mention that the easiest way to screenshot on a Dell laptop is to press the Print Screen button.
By using Ctrl + PrtScn, you activate the Windows built-in screenshot tool window that allows you to choose what part of your screen to snip.
The screenshot will be saved to the clipboard, which you can copy and paste into a Paint window or other imaging program.
Check out the step-by-step guide below for more details.
How to Take Screenshots on a Dell Laptop Using Print Screen
1. First, make sure your pointer is on the specific window you want to capture.
2. Press the Print Screen key.
Depending on what kind of keyboard you have, it’s usually right next to the F12 key or near the top-right corner of your keyboard.
This will copy the screenshot from your screen and paste it into a Paint window or any other program that accepts images.
3. If you want to capture everything on your screen and not just a specific window, then press the Windows Key + PrntScr button. This will save everything on your screen to a file called screenshot.png in your Pictures folder.
4. If you want to capture the active window on your screen, press Windows Key + Shift + S . This will paint it for you to paste into Paint or another program that accepts images.
You can also take screenshots of specific parts of your screen by pressing Alt + PrntScr; this will save this image to a file called screenshot copied from the clipboard but can be pasted into Paint without this information.
5. If you want to capture the entire screen, press Alt + PrntScr. This will paste it into Paint or any other program that accepts images.
6. If you want to save this image as a PNG file, open up Paint and select File > Export > Save Image As.
For this file type, you can change the resolution of your screenshot from 800×600 to 1024×768, but the maximum size is 16384 pixels wide by 32767 pixels tall.
The file size will be approximately 283Kb while the image quality will be approximately 75%.
7. If you want to save this image as a JPG file, select File > Export > Save As.
For this file type, you can change the resolution of your screenshot from 800×600 to 1024×768; the maximum resolution is 2560 pixels wide by 3840 pixels tall.
The file size will be approximately 20Kb while the quality will be 100%.
8. If you’re using a Dell laptop, there’s a quick way for both Mac and Windows users to take screenshots; press Shift + F10 and drag your cursor to highlight what you want before letting go.
The screenshot will be saved directly into your clipboard which can be pasted into Paint or any other program that accepts images.
9. If you’re using Windows, you can also take screenshots with your touch screen or tablet. Press Windows Key + Ctrl + S to capture a full screenshot of everything on your screen; this will be saved directly into your clipboard which can be pasted into Paint or any other program that accepts images.
10. If you’re using Windows 10, press the Volume Down button and then press the Power button to turn off the screen and save a screenshot of the entire screen to the Pictures folder as a PNG file.
You can also use the Volume Down button with the Power button to turn off your screen and capture a screenshot of the entire screen as a JPG file.
Using Screenshot Programs
You can also use screenshot programs that can take a simple screenshot and save your images in a screenshots folder. Other such programs have screenshot shape options.
Similarly so, you can use a snipping tool that can help you take a partial snip, a full-screen snip, or even a custom screenshot that you can give an exact label as you save it in your chosen folder on your Dell laptop.
That said, let’s begin!
As you might have noticed here, there are quite a few different ways to take screenshots; I’m sure there are more out there if you look hard enough.
But the above-mentioned ways are the most common ways on how to screenshot on a Dell laptop.