As an Amazon Associate we earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
There is no doubt that HP remains one of the best laptop brands for 2019. They make some of the most durable and their customer is widely regarded as well.
After all, they have been in the industry for years (one of the oldest to be true) and know exactly what the customer needs whether it is gaming, serious work or entertainment.
So without wasting much time, let’s dig right into the best HP laptops you should be getting in 2020 (there is one for every budget and need).
Best HP Laptop
HP Omen (VR Ready)
HP Spectre x360
HP CF0014DX 2019
HP Pavilion X360
HP Omen (VR Ready)
HP Spectre x360
HP CF0014DX 2019
HP Pavilion X360
Detailed HP Laptop Reviews
#1: HP Omen – Best HP Laptop for Gaming
For gamers, the HP Omen is an Omen of all things good. Yup, it is an absolute beast of a laptop and here’s why we believe so.
- Processor: Intel Core i9-9880H Eight Core Processor (16MB Cache, 2.3GHz-4.8GHz) 45W
- RAM: 64GB DDR4 2666MHz | Hard Drive: 2TB NVMe Solid State Drive + 2TB 5400rpm Hard Disk Drive
- Keyboard: Full-Size Backlit Keyboard with Numeric Keypad and N-Key Rollover (White Legend) | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Max-Q 8GB GDDR6 | Display: 15.6" Diagonal 4K IPS Anti-Glare Micro-Edge WLED-Backlit (3840 x 2160)
- 64GB RAM / 2TB NVMe SSD / 2TB HDD Upgrades | 3-Year CUK Limited Warranty (View warranty section below for more details.)
First and foremost, it features the i9-9880H processor which is by far the fastest, making it one of the most advanced gaming laptops you can get your hands onto.
But that’s not all.
There is also a whopping 64GB RAM along with the GeForce RTX 2080, 8GB dedicated graphics card.
This means whether you wanted to stream your Fortnite/PUBG sessions or play the latest FIFA, God of War, you can do it at the highest possible settings without any distortion.
It also allows you to run all kinds of programs and run multiple tabs in your browser without any trouble.
Then there is also the 2TB SSD. This gives you ample space to run your windows and all your games and programs using the SSD for smoother and faster functioning.
Not to forget, an SSD also speeds up booting and switching between tabs and windows takes mere seconds.
You want excellent colors and contrast while you game or watch a movie, isn’t it? Well, it hardly gets any better than a 4k display and that is exactly what the 15.6” is (gaming just got a whole lot more realistic for you).
Most of us play games for like 4-5 hours or more and thus your laptop must remain cool. For this, the Omen is equipped with Tempest Cooling Technology.
This includes 3-sided venting, 5-way airflow, and 12V fan allowing you the freedom to run your laptop for long hours (and I mean really long) without it turning into an oven.
There is also the Command Center that allows you to keep track of the system vital and adjust settings to deliver the best performance and even reduce network latency for smoother gameplay (lags will be a thing of the past).
The RGB keyboard means you can game at night without having to keep the lights on while features like the HP Audio Boost and DTS X Ultra mean you won’t miss your headphones at all.
Higher battery life would have been great but considering the power and speed it packs, the 4-5 hour battery life comes as no surprise.
Also, this laptop will cost you the big bucks but if you want the absolute best, then it is worth the premium price tag.
- Comes with the most powerful i9 processor
- There is 64GB of RAM and a GeForce RTX 2080, 8GB dedicated graphics card for smooth gaming
- It has a 4k display
- The 2TB SSD increases speed and gives ample space so you do not need an HDD
- Tempest cooling technology keeps the laptop cool when used for long hours
- Command center allows you to adjust settings for greater speed and better internet connectivity
- It has a backlit keyboard and produces excellent stereo sound
- It will cost you over $2000
- Low battery life
#2: HP Spectre
The Spectre is a spectacle in itself. Not only does it pack enough power and speed to run pretty much any program but also combines with its portability you will instantly love.
- Include Worldwide Manufacturer Warranty from HP. Complimentary Windows 10 Pro Upgrade upon request
- Newest model 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8705G (3.1 GHz, up to 4.1 GHz, 8 MB cache, 4 cores) + Radeon RX Vega M Graphics (4GB dedicated memory), Windows 10 Home 64 - Dark Ash Color. With Corning Gorilla glass display, fingerprint reader, dedicated num keypad, dual Thunderbolt ports. 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM(2x8GB), HP TrueVision FHD IR Camera with Dual array digital microphone
- 15.6" diagonal 4K IPS micro-edge BrightView WLED-backlit touch screen with Corning Gorilla Glass NBT (3840 x 2160), HP Active Stylus, HP Sleeve
- Intel 802.11b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 Combo, Bang & Olufsen, Quad speakers, HP Audio Boost, HP Imagepad with multi-touch gesture support
- 2 Thunderbolt 3 (Data Transfer up to 40 Gb/s, Power Delivery, DP1.2, HP Sleep and Charge); 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (HP Sleep and Charge); 1 HDMI v2.0; 1 headphone/microphone combo
Talking about portability, this is a convertible laptop. That means you can use it not only as a traditional laptop but also in studio mode for entertainment or as a tablet on a lazy Sunday afternoon from the couch or bed or when you cramped for room.
But portability alone does not cut it.
This is why the laptop is also equipped with an 8th Gen Intel i7-8705G processor which in combination with 16GB RAM can support even the high-end programs needed for programming, video editing, etc.
Amping up the speed is the 1TB PCIe SSD which ensures your laptops boots at lightning-fast speeds. Oh, and since it is 1GB, there is no need for an HDD. There is enough space to install both your OS, programs and save all the required data.
It can even handle most of your gaming titles and give you faster rendering thanks to the Radeon RX Vega M 8GB dedicated graphics card.
Not only is the screen touchscreen eliminating the need for a keyboard and mouse all the time it is also a 4k IPS display. This means you get vibrant colors, in-depth gradients and shadows making your movies and games surreal.
And since it has a Gorilla Corning glass, it can handle the bumps of your daily business travels.
With the 2 Thunderbolt ports, the laptop allows you to transfer data at astonishing speeds of about 40GBPS (so you can backup your data and copy files within seconds).
You do not want to be carrying your charger around all the time and you won’t have to either as the laptop has an 8-10 hour battery life enough to last you for one entire workday.
Apart from the fact that it has a steep price range, the Radeon RX Vega graphics card is a slight let down.
Yes, it supports games like Fortnite and PUBG but tends to overheat when used for long hours. So if you do intend on using it for a long time I would recommend using a laptop cooler with it.
Plus, it also has compatibility issues with some games.
But while it may not be a gamer’s delight it is the perfect laptop for the workaholic in you.
- It is super fast as it has an 8th Gen i7 Processor, 16GB RAM, and 1TB SSD
- The SSD also gives you ample space for all files and programs
- It can be used as a tablet and in tent mode
- The 15.6″ display is a 4k IPS display so expect quality viewing experience
- Corning Gorilla glass ensures it does not crack easily
- Since it is touchscreen using it is a breeze anywhere, anytime
- 2 Thunderbolt ports give you transfer speeds of about 40GBPS
- It has a long 8-10 hours battery life
- Graphics card heats up when used for long hours
- It is not compatible with all games
- It will cost you over $1500
#3: HP CF0014DX 2020 (For Budget Buyers)
Looking for something on the cheap? Then this HP Laptop is everything you could have asked for. But is low price the only reason to get the HP CF0014DX 2020. Let’s find out what makes this our top budget pick.
- Windows 10 operating system Windows 10 brings back the start menu from Windows 7 and introduces new features, like the edge web browser that lets you markup web pages on your screen
- 14" Display bright View glossy screen maintains the vivid colors in your photos and videos. Typical 1366 x 768 HD resolution. Wled backlight
- 7th Gen Intel Core i3-7100U mobile Processor smart dual-core, four-way processing performance for HD-quality computing
- 8GB system Memory for advanced multitasking substantial high-bandwidth RAM
- 128GB Solid State Drive (SSD) while offering less storage space than a hard drive, a flash-based SSD has no moving parts, resulting in faster start-up times
What if I told you that you can get an SSD in a laptop that will cost you less than $500? Oh yes, that is exactly what the HP CF0014DX offers.
Yup, the 128GB SSD isn’t a lot space-wise but it sure packs a punch in the speed department. Just install your OS and important programs on it and you will have smooth sailing whether it is booting or switching between programs.
Then there is the 7th Gen Intel Core i3-7100U processor which again is a surprise as most of the cheaper laptops often have Pentium processor which again makes the CF0014DX the speed demon of this price range.
Supporting that is the 8GB RAM further allowing you to multitask with ease. That means you can open multiple browsers without the laptop crashing or even run MS Office, Powerpoint, Excel and get done with presentations, etc. without any hassles.
When it comes to entertainment, the laptop does not disappoint either. That is because the 14-inch display supports a 1366 x 768 HD resolution which is standard for laptop in this price range.
Another standout feature here is that you get the laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed which further saves you both cost and time.
If case you are looking for something even cheaper, there is also a 4GB, Intel Pentium Gold variant available that you can grab for less than $290 and is good enough laptop for the kids and occasional use.
There is no kidding around, clearly, this isn’t the most powerful of laptops in the market so if you are a professional you would want to get one of the laptops mentioned above.
The reason being so is because of the i3 processor and the integrated graphics card which limits the programs and games you can run on it.
It also has a 4-5 hours battery life so you will need to carry your charger along at all times if you intend on working from a cafe, co-working space, etc.
Lastly, while the SSD storage gives it a speed boost, it does not give you ample space so if you are a person that needs more space than speed to store videos and images, you can go for the 1TB HDD variant.
- With an SSD, the laptop boots in seconds
- It is one of the best Dell laptops for budget buyers and costs less than $500
- There is ample power to run software like MS Word, Excel, etc. to get important work done when needed
- The display is also good when compared to other cheaper laptops
- Windows 10 is pre-installed
- A Full-HD display would have been better
- Battery life is low
- You will need to back up files regularly for more storage
- Not a laptop for professional gamers, programmers, etc.
#4: HP Pavilion X360
If you wanted a convertible laptop and are on a budget, the HP Pavilion X360 will again cost you less than $500 and comes with the portability features that the Spectre offered.
- Full-size island-style backlit keyboard with numeric keypad, HP Digital Pen in natural silver included.
- 15.6-inch diagonal FHD IPS Bright View micro-edge WLED-backlit touchscreen (1920 x 1080)
- 8th Generation Intel Dual-Core i3-8130U base clock 2.2GHz, turbo to 3.4GHz.
- 4 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM and 16GB Intel Octane memory, total 20GB memory.
- Intel 802.11b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 Combo (MU-MIMO supported)
A Brief Comparison
Ok, so you know both the laptops are convertible which means even the HP pavilion X360 can be used as a tablet, laptop or studio mode thanks to the 360-degree hinge.
And also, it touchscreen so using it should be easy peasy especially when browsing through multiple windows and files.
But that’s pretty much where the similarities end.
That is because the HP Pavilion X360 is not suitable for professional use. Yes, you can enjoy a movie, run MS Office and play the odd game on low graphics but that is pretty much all it can do.
This is mainly because the laptop has an 8th Gen i3 processor. But the reason it is still pretty quick is that the processor can clock at a max 3.4GHz when needed.
As for the RAM, there is a 4GB RAM and a 16GB Optane memory which boosts the storage speed of the laptop as it caches the processors that are more frequently used for the hard drive further giving you a speed boost.
Talking about a hard disk, you will have plenty of space in the bank as it comes with a 1TB HDD.
Another feature we like is the Full-HD 14-inch display so you get good colors and contrast whether you are streaming a movie or your favorite TV show on Netflix.
Lastly, it is also pretty light as it weighs just around 4 pounds so carrying it should be hassle-free and since it gives you a battery life of about 7 hours, you can comfortably work from a nearby coffee shop without worrying about power points.
One drawback of the X360 is that is it very limited in its use as the low specs mean the laptop is ideal only for watching movies, browsing the internet or making presentations, etc.
From the processor to the integrated graphics card, the laptop cannot handle high-end graphics or programs and will likely crash or overheat quickly if put under a lot of pressure.
The sound quality of the laptop is poor as well so make sure you do not forget to carry your headphones/earphones along.
- It is a convertible, touchscreen laptop and thus easy to use
- One of the cheapest convertible laptop on the market as it is available for less $500
- The processor turbo boosts up to 3.4GHz when needed
- The 16GB Optane memory caches more frequently used processors for better speed
- 1TB HDD gives you tons of space for all your videos, images
- Decent battery life as it lasts you 5-6 hours
- Comes with a Full-HD 14-inch display
- The low specs mean the laptop cannot support high-end games and programs
- Sound quality could have been better
- Overheats when used for long hours
Last Updated on