As an Amazon Associate we earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
If you are into multiplayer shooting games then I am sure Overwatch is high up on your list of favorite games.
Now, I know most people prefer desktop for such games but guess what, a laptop with the right accessories can be a real, real game-changer.
That is because with a laptop it does not matter whether you are on a beach, the hills, etc. as long as you have a good internet connection, you are never too far away give your squad.
But not every laptop can run Overwatch. But you do not have to spend hours looking through hundreds of models, we did all the digging for you.
So here are 5 of the best laptops for Overwatch in 2020 that should be on your shopping list.
Best Laptop for Overwatch
Asus ROG Strix Scar II
Acer Predator Helios 300
Lenovo Ideapad L340
ASUS ROG Strix G
Asus ROG Strix Scar II
Acer Predator Helios 300
Lenovo Ideapad L340
ASUS ROG Strix G
Detailed Reviews of Laptops for Overwatch
#1: Asus ROG Strix Scar II (Best laptop for Overwatch in 2020)
The ROG Strix Scar II was launched in early 2019 and has quickly become one of the best-selling gaming laptops and if you check out its feature you will know exactly why.
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6
- Intel Core i7-8750H Hexa-Core Processor
- 144Hz 3ms 17.3” FHD (1920x1080) IPS Type Display
- 16GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM | 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD + 1TB FireCuda HDD | Windows 10 Home
- 802.11AC Wave 2 Gigabit Wi-Fi | Quad antennas and ROG RangeBoost technology provides up to 30% wider coverage
Features we like
Let me make one thing clear.
When it comes to Overwatch, the ROG Strix Scar II is a bit of an overkill. Why? That is because its features are well over and above what you will be needing for Overwatch.
So why should you get it?
Because if you are as much of gaming fanatic as any of us here at LaptopVerge, then boy, you ain’t just stopping at Overwatch, right?
This is why we love the Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 8GB Dedicated GPU and i7-8750H Processor. These turn the laptop into the ultimate beast that can handle any game you throw at it (FIFA, GTA or Overwatch, there’s nothing you can’t play on this baby).
But what stands out about the laptop is the 144GHz which lowers stuttering, ghosting and motion blur whether you gaming or watching a movie.
Professional gamers put a high emphasis on this feature as it greatly increases response rate (3ms) giving you an edge over the competition.
The 16GB RAM is everything you would expect from a high-end laptop allowing you to run multiple tabs, games or even stream games online without a hitch.
And so you can install all the games, save profiles, settings without having to delete any of the other important data, the laptop is equipped with a 512GB SSD and 1TB HDD.
Oh, and in case you didn’t know, an SSD offers 4x the speed of an HDD thus ensuring the laptop boots in just seconds. Plus, it also lasts longer due to lesser operating parts so you do not have to worry about overhead expenses even after years of non-stop gaming.
Since you will be playing multiplayer, good internet connectivity is indispensable and to ensure just that, ASUS has armed the laptop with RangeBoost technology.
This means your laptop can detect up to 4 antennas and automatically switches to the one delivering the best signal (no more high pings annoying the hell out of you).
And since VR is the future of gaming and the hottest trend right now, the laptop is also VR-Ready.
Wow, with all those features surely this laptop is going to be toast after a few hours of usage, right? Actually No.
To prevent this, the laptop comes with 12v fans and anti-dust tunnels. But cooling isn’t your headache, the laptop will automatically adjust the fan speed to provide you the best gaming environment.
The 17.3” Full-HD IPS display has a 76% screen to body ratio giving you a bigger viewing area than most other gaming laptops. And as far as colors and contrast go, trust me, you will be hooked.
Finally, to provide the icing on the cake, the laptop also has an RGB backlit keyboard (now that is one thing that truly makes a laptop Battle-Ready).
What we didn’t like
Like with most powerful laptops, even the ASUS Scar II leaves us wanting more when it comes to battery life as it only lasts about 4-5 hours.
Also, if you just wanted a laptop that can run overwatch then paying over $2000 is madness.
The only reason I am listing this first is that I am sure you will be using the laptop to play other games as well. For example, play the new Call of Duty (it is an absolute peach especially if you enjoy a captivating campaign).
- Equipped with a GPU, CPU, RAM powerful enough to run any kind of gaming title
- It perfectly combines the speed of the SSD and storage space of an HDD
- 144GHz makes gaming smooth (no wonder the pros are so fussy about it)
- It is VR-Ready
- The 12v fans and anti-dust tunnels keep the laptop from overheating
- RangeBoost technology automatically connects to the antenna with the strongest internet signal
- It has a 76% screen to body ratio
- The 17.3” FHD IPS display isn’t just large but also crystal clear
- The RGB backlit keyboard adds to the look and feel of the gaming laptop
- Not suitable for users just looking to play overwatch as it is expensive
- Low battery life
#2: Acer Predator Helios 300
Acer Predator Helios 300 is one of the most talked-about laptops and for good reason, especially since I am guessing you didn’t want to spend about 2k on a new laptop.
- 9th Generation Intel Core i7 9750H 6 Core Processor (Up to 4.5GHz) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Graphics with 6GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 15.6 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED backlit IPS Display (144Hz Refresh Rate, 3ms Overdrive Response Time, 300nit Brightness and 72 percentage NTSC)
- 16GB DDR4 2666MHz Memory, 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD (2 x PCIe M.2 Slots; 1 Slot Open for Easy Upgrades) and 1 Available Hard Drive Bay
- Backlit Keyboard; LAN: Killer Ethernet E2500 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN; Wireless: Killer DoubleShot Pro Wireless AC 1550 802. 11ac; 4th Gen All Metal AeroBlade 3D Fan
Features we like
You want a hyper-realistic gaming experience and the Helios 300 delivers just that by perfectly combining audio with amazing graphics, gameplay, and audio.
And one of the most important factors behind that is a powerful processor. Yup, the 9th Gen Intel Core i7 9750H 6 Core Processor even outdoes that of the ROG Strix Scar II in terms of performance as it can turbo boost Up to 4.5GHz.
Plus, there is the 16GB RAM which ensures the laptop can be used for more than just games (edit videos, make graphics or learn to program, it is capable of it all).
But what makes it a true gaming laptop is the 144GHz display and the GTX 1660 Ti 6GB dedicated GPU unit.
Being an IPS display, we know the colors and contrast will be quite good but add to that the 144GHz refresh rate and your movies and games reach a completely different quality level.
That is because during those fast-paced moments you no longer will face ghosting and blurring (the crystal clear images are sure to help you nail those headshots).
And since it is a 15” inch display, it is just the perfect size for gaming, watching movies or even work.
The PredatorSense is another standout feature of the laptop as with a single click it gives you all the control you ever needed over lighting, fan speed, overclocking, game profiles and tons of other things to gaming even smoother.
This laptop is also VR-Ready and with the Killer DoubleShot Pro you even have the power to select the app you want should receive the most bandwidth.
To top it all, the laptop will also give you 8-10 hours of non-stop gaming without the need to recharge.
Lastly, if you are a real gamer, you understand the importance of WASD keys and to make their usage more comfortable the keys on the Helios 300 are concave-shaped.
What we didn’t like
One of the few drawbacks of this laptop is the lack of an HDD.
Don’t get me wrong, the 256GB SSD is sure to boost up the laptop’s speed but the lack of storage space means you will need to upgrade the drive after some time costing you additional money.
Many users have also reported of backlight bleeding from their models so make sure you do a check.
Also, some users find the Aeroblade cooling fan a bit loud as the laptop starts heating up.
- It is a powerful enough laptop to run more than just Overwatch thanks to its CPU, GPU, and RAM
- The Processor turbo boosts to 4.5GHz to handle complex calculations
- The 144GHz refresh rate means gameplay is not interrupted by ghosting or blurring
- With a 15” Full-HD IPS display, you will get details that will leave you in awe whether it is gaming or movies
- This laptop is also VR-Ready
- PredatorSense gives you complete control over keyboard backlight colors, cooling, etc.
- Killer DoubleShot Pro lets you choose apps that should use up most of the bandwidth
- WASD keys are made in a concave shape for easier and quicker access.
- The Aeroblade fan can get loud as the laptop heats up
- Backlight bleeding is a common complaint amongst users
- The 256GB SSD does not provide ample space
#3: Lenovo Ideapad L340 Gaming Laptop ( Best Overwatch Laptop for Budget Buyers)
Are you on a tight budget?
Well, not all of us have $1000 or more to spend on gaming laptop but does not mean you cannot enjoy Overwatch and it is the Lenovo Ideapad L340 that comes to your rescue.
Here’s what we love about it.
- A new dimension of gaming performance awaits - with 9th-generation Intel Core i5 processors, the IdeaPad L340 gaming has the power you need to outshoot, outrun, and outsmart anyone. Includes 8GB DDR4 RAM and 512GB NVMe SSD
- Take it to the next level - with the latest NVIDIA GeForce Graphics behind you, you can tame the hottest titles with faster, smoother, and more power-efficient gameplay. Plus, the 15.6-Inch Screen delivers a stunning full HD IPS Display with 1920 x 1080 resolution
- A portal to a new sound Dimension - hardwired into every IdeaPad L340 gaming is advanced Dolby Audio technology. Take your mobile gaming experience to another dimension and have a real blast along the way
- Control your own Fate - GAME in 'quick' Mode or work in 'quiet' Mode. It's your call with a simple function setting that lets you shift gears between modes, instantly.
- Final product may vary slightly from image
Features we like
Okay, so to put in simple words, this hands down one of the best gaming laptops under $1000. Yup, you can grab this beauty for about $700 which is pretty much a bargain.
That is because firstly, it comes with one of the latest i5 processors which is the 9th Gen i5 Processor. Laptops with similar price tags often have an 8th Gen or 6th Gen processor so you surely have an edge there as you can outsmart, outgun and outshoot most opponents.
Furthermore, there is an 8GB RAM which is more than the overwatch requirement of 4GB and good enough to support smooth multitasking.
And so you do not have to play your favorite game at lower graphics settings, there is the GeForce GTX 1650 with a 3GB dedicated RAM.
A few standout features of the laptop include the Quick and Quiet Mode. The Quick makes gaming seamless and when you have serious work on hand just switch to the quiet mode. Switching between these modes takes mere seconds and is only a button press away.
Also, worried all those long hours of gaming are going to hurt your eyes? For that, the laptop has a special Eye Care Mode which reduces blue light emission and adjusts your display’s color tone to prevent fatigue (no more ending up with red eyes every morning).
Since the speakers of the laptop are hardwired with Dolby Audio you won’t miss your headphones in case you forgot them and want to watch a movie or listen to music.
And while you won’t be needing this immediately, signing up for the Ultimate Support and Coverage can be a real bonus in the future. Here’s what it includes.
- 24*7 Customer chat and phone services
- Onsite service delivery
- Technical help from personnel expert in gaming
- Hardware optimization tips
And much more.
If you are into streaming Overwatch, the physical Shutter on the webcam is useful especially if you take your privacy very seriously.
Lastly, it also has a backlit keyboard so you can continue gaming even in the dark while the 512GB SSD gives you both ample space and speed ensuring quick launch, boot, etc.
It is these features that make the Lenovo Ideapad L340 an absolute value for money pick so if you are on a budget, this is hands down the best overwatch laptop for you.
What we didn’t like
While the Ideapad L340 is quite a powerful laptop it does not match the power of the previous laptops and thus does not support the more demanding gaming titles such as GTA, etc.
Secondly, the laptop is not the most durable of all when compared to some of the others on the list but that will also come down to your usage and maintenance.
Lastly, longer battery life would have been ideal as it runs for only 4-5 hours on a single charge.
- It is loaded with the latest 9th Gen i5 processor for seamless functioning
- You can play Overwatch, PUBG, Fortnite, etc. and full settings as it has a GeForce GTX 1650 graphics card
- It comes with the Quick and Quiet mode that are tailor-made for gaming and working respectively
- The Eye Care Mode prevents eye fatigue by reducing blue light emissions
- Speakers are hardwired with Dolby Audio so sound quality is very good
- Signing up for the Ultimate Support and Coverage provided additional customer support benefits
- The physical Shutter on the webcam helps maintain privacy when streaming
- It is one of the cheapest laptops for gamers on the market
- Battery life could have been better
- Not the most durable laptop on the list so make sure you maintain it well
- It does not support more graphics-intensive games like GTA, the latest FIFA, etc.
#4: ASUS ROG Strix G
If you weren’t already convinced about the ASUS ROG deliver or you are looking for a cheaper alternative to the Scar II, then this is exactly the laptop you need.
More about its features below.
- With the latest 9th Gen Intel Core i7-9750H mobile processor; (2.60 GHz, Max Turbo Frequency 4.50 GHz,12 MB SmartCache); Powerful 6-core, twelve-way processing performance.
- With a beautiful 15.6" Full HD display; the 1920 x 1080 resolution boasts impressive color and clarity. Energy-efficient LED backlight, With NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 graphics. Backed by 4GB GDDR5 dedicated video memory for a fast, advanced GPU to fuel your games.
- 16GB 2666MHz DDR4 SDRAM Memory for full-power multitasking; 1TB HDD + 512GB Solid State Drive, While offering less storage space than a hard drive, a flash-based SSD has no moving parts, resulting in faster start-up times and data access, no noise, and reduced heat production and power draw on the battery.
- Intel 802.11ac (2x2) + Bluetooth, Backlit Keyboard, 3 x USB 3.0, 1 x HDMI, NO Webcam, NO Optical Drive, 1 x headphone combo jack
- Windows 10 home 64 bit,brings back the Start Menu from Windows 7 and introduces new features, like the Edge Web browser that lets you markup Web pages on your screen, Dimension: 1x14.2x10.8”; Product Weight: 5.32 pounds
Features we like
As far as performance goes, this ASUS ROG laptop goes toe to toe with the ROG Strix Scar II as it features the Hexa-Core i7-9750H processor. This processor can turbo boost to 4.5GHz so you know it can handle rather complex games and tasks.
Then there is also the 16GB RAM and once again, a combination of a 512GB SSD and 1TB HDD is just what the doctor ordered for if you are gaming fanatic with tons of games on the to-play list.
Then there is also the speed and durability factor that comes in with the SSD.
The GeForce GTX 1650 4GB dedicated Graphics card isn’t the best considering its price range but it is good enough to support quite a few games and even tasks like video editing, etc.
This laptop also supports real-time ray tracing in games which means you get very realistic colors, reflections, and shadows. And since it is VR-Ready, your gaming experience is about to get a whole lot more exciting.
The 15” Full-HD IPS display supports a refresh rate of 120GHz. Now, while that may not be at par with the 144GHz of the Strix Scar II or Helios 300 but produces better video quality than the 60GHz ordinary laptops support so you do not lose the edge.
Turn off the lights and let the Aura Sync create an eye-grabbing environment as the laptop looks like a piece of art with this on and here’s why.
This feature creates translucent edges and transparent WASD caps. You also have the option of a wraparound light bar that lights up the chassis giving your laptop a sexy look you would love to show off.
The laptop also has the RangeBoost Technology that connects the laptop to the strongest antenna boosting the wireless range by about 30%.
What we don’t like
As I said, the 120GHz does not deliver the quality of a 144GHz monitor but considering this laptop is way cheaper, the slight comprise is worth it.
Another compromise you will have to make with this laptop is on the graphics card which, as in the case of the Ideapad L340, isn’t the most powerful.
The laptop also tends to heat up when used for long hours plus, the battery won’t last you too long either as it is designed to support just 4 hours of backup.
- It comes with a reliable i9 Hexa-Core i7-9750H processor for smooth gaming
- There is also a 16GB RAM and a 512GB SSD + 1TB HDD that provide speed and space
- With real-time ray tracing, the laptop produces realistic colors, reflections, and shadows
- It is VR-Ready so you can enjoy games like never before
- It has an excellent 15” Full HD IPS display
- The Aura Sync illuminates the keys and chassis giving it an eye-grabbing look
- RangeBoost technology improves signal strength by 30% for better connectivity
- The 120GHz display is better than a 60GHz but not at par with a 144GHz
- Battery life is pretty low
- Graphics card won’t support a lot of the latest gaming titles
- The keypad lights cannot be turned off completely
#5: MSI GL63 8SC-059
Last on the list comes a laptop from one of the most popular brands in the gaming industry i.e. MSI. Surely, you cannot complete a list of the best laptops for overwatch without mentioning an MSI laptop and the GL63 8SC-059 shows us exactly why.
- Display: 15.6" Fhd wide view NTSC Color Anti-Glare, RGB
- Processor: Core i7-8750H 2.2 - 4.1GHz
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1650 4G GDDR5
- Memory: 8GB (8G*1) DDR4 2666MHz, 2 Sockets; Max Memory 32GB
- Storage: 256GB NVMe SSD
Features we like
On the GL63, MSI has paired the beastly 6-core 8th Gen i7-8750H processor with the no-slouch GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GPU (just the kind of GPU unit you need for Overwatch, Fortnite and other similar games).
Furthermore, there is an 8GB RAM that can be upgraded to 32GB using the 2 provided slots. Similarly, you can also upgrade the 256GB SSD in case you require more space and speed
This freedom to customize comes in handy in case you take up video editing or decide to play more graphic-intensive games in the future.
15” is a big enough display for both movies and games and since it is a Full-HD IPS display, you should have little complaints about color or gradient quality.
And since the screen has an anti-glare coating, you can pull off those all-nighter weekends with your squad without tiring your eyes.
Plus, during those long nights, you will never have to worry about the laptop heating up. That is because it has a dedicated thermal solution with 7 heat pipes to keep every inch of the laptop cool as a cucumber when the pressure grows.
The laptop also has 5x giant speakers and in this case, bigger does mean better. Every gunshot, footstep and team instruction can be heard clearly. So if you haven’t yet invested in gaming headphones, you can wait a tad longer.
Are you like many of us tired of losing matches due to lag (ahh, the horror)? Thankfully, there’s the Killer Gaming LAN to save the day. This allows you to adjust bandwidth to your apps with an intuitive Killer Control Center.
There is also the Dragon Gaming Center that allows you to tweak CPU and GPU Frequencies for smoother gameplay and also keep an eye on important stats like the RPM of the fans, etc.
Once again, a backlit keyboard ensures it does not matter whether it is night or day. You’d be ready to help your mates out even if duty calls at 2 am.
And if you are also into mobile gaming, you will be happy to know that some of the mobile games are now playable on your MSI laptop as well using the MSI App Player.
The app has been created in tandem with BlueStacks and aims to deliver the same fun only with better graphics, keyboard lighting and more.
What we don’t like
One of the major drawbacks of this laptop is the 60Hz refresh rate. But hey, I only put this as a drawback because we have been talking about laptops with 120GHz and 144GHz laptops.
Otherwise, 60GHz isn’t that bad a trade-off considering the laptop is also on the cheaper side.
The MSI also disappoints on the battery front with a run-time of just about 4-5 hours.
Also, overwatch takes about 24-25GB of space which means you won’t be left with lots of room as you install more games requiring you to spend on a bigger SSD.
Also, just as with the ASUS ROG Strix G, its GPU unit means there will be quite a few titles you won’t be able to play.
- It is another laptop that will interest gamers on a tighter budget
- The GPU Unit, Processor and RAM are capable of handling most multiplayer games like Overwatch, Fortnite, etc.
- There are 2 RAM slots and it can be upgraded to 32GB if needed
- The 5x giant speakers are pretty darn good
- Keeping the laptop cool in crunch situations is the dedicated thermal solution with 7 heat pipes
- The 15” Full-HD IPS performs up to expected standards
- Thanks to the Anti-Glare coating your eyes won’t tire out in just a few hours
- The Killer Gaming LAN feature allows you to adjust bandwidth to apps
- With the MSI App Player, you can play mobile games on the laptop with better graphics
- The Dragon Gaming Center lets you weak CPU and GPU Frequencies, keep an eye on fan RPM and much more.
- It also has a red-backlit keyboard
- Poor battery life
- Disk space will need to be updated sooner or later requiring you to spend extra
- At 60GHz refresh rate, you will see some ghosting and blurring
- The laptop won’t support graphics-intensive games
Last Updated on