As an Amazon Associate we earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
There is no limit to how laptops can help us achieve and meet our goals. However, continuous use resulting in overheating and can hamper your day-to-day tasks. Fortunately, there is a more comfortable and affordable way to regulate the temperature of your heavily-used laptops – cooling pads.
These accessories are neat and hassle-free providing you with an ergonomic stand for your laptop and extra airflow to cool down the heat.
Sadly, with several cooling pads flooding the market, making the right choice becomes not only challenging but also time-consuming. I’ve done the dirty works and compile a comprehensive list of the best laptop cooling pads.
Top Laptop Coolings Pads for 2020 Compared
Tree New Bee
Vanble Cooling Pad
TopMate Cooling Pad
Tree New Bee
Vanble Cooling Pad
TopMate Cooling Pad
Best Laptop Cooling Pads Reviewed
1. Tree New Bee Cooling Pads
- 【Compatible Laptop】Fancy Buying laptop fan cooling pad compatible with almost all 12''-17.3'' laptop, such as Apple Macbook Pro Air, Hp, Alienware, Dell, Lenovo, ASUS, etc.
- 【Super Cooling & Quiet】Laptop cooling pad with 4 quite fans create a noise-free & interference-free environment for you. with Green LED, The fans rapid cooling effect prevents your laptop from overheating and is perfect for gaming.
- 【Ergonomic Design】Ergonomic stand with adjustable height settings to play games or watch movies at the most comfortable angle for all-day viewing. Laptop cooling pad stand can be hidden if you don't need to use it. High and low shield anti-skid mats in the front to prevent laptop from slipping off，design for different thickness laptop.
- 【Unique USB & Port Desgin】Laptop cooling pad with built-in Two USB ports, allows to connect other USB; with built-in USB cable storage box; Using Nylon braided cable, more cool and durable, also easy to set into storage box;
- 【Non-Slip Baffle】: Two suppressible non-slip baffle, effectively prevent laptop slipping off
The product, Tree New Bee cooling pad, is an excellent pick for anyone looking for a cooling pad with incredible features, build quality and ergonomic design.
The accessory works with laptops sized from 15.6 to 17 inches. Made with four 120mm fans that move a great deal of air at up to 1200 RPM, and dials on its sides to control the speed.
The fans are lit with prevailing blue LEDs which gives it an elegant look. Also, the cooling pad is built ergonomically allowing you to tilt up the cooling pads.
The Tree New Bee is designed to provide heavy laptop users a chance to protect your laptop from overheating and crashing as a result of heat.
- This is a lightweight, slim and portable cooling pad allowing users to protect their laptops anywhere you are.
- Its extra USB ports and built-in dual-USB hub allows more efficient connections.
- This comes with 4 USB fans to help keep PCs running smoothly at a colder temperature.
- It features Two Anti-Skid Arms and Metal platform, which draws the heat away from the laptop.
- Ergonomic design with adjustable height setting for a natural point of view
What I Liked
Aside from the fact that the cooling pad has a futuristic look which gives it an elegant outlook, the device works efficiently and surprisingly comes at an affordable price.
Unlike other cooling pad, Tree New Bee does not make noise and leaves you in charge of the fan’s speed or how many fans (the entire fans or just two fans) you want operational.
Another incredible feature is its ergonomic design, which helps users adjust their laptop to whatever angles work for you best, and, as such, result in higher efficiency.
What I Didn’t Like
No doubt, the product sounds impressive; however, some customers complained of receiving a defective cooling pad. Also, users need to be cautious of the angle to which they tilt their PC as the cooling pad may cause the laptop to slide down.
- Slim and lightweight
- Solid build
- Low noise
- The laptop may fall off at a higher angle
2. Vanble Laptop Cooling Pad
- [Wide Compatibility & Multi-functionality]: Designed for 12-17 inch laptops, satisfies your different demands for Office, Entertainment and Media
- [Ultra Portable, Slim & Light Weight]: Slim & light weight design makes it more easier to protect your valued laptop wherever you go
- [Three 110MM Quiet Fans & Dual USB Ports]: Vanble laptop cooler features three 110mm fans, which spin at 1,100±10%RPM; Meanwhile, it provides extra USB port to connect your USB device
- [Ergonomic Comfort Design]: 2-level adjustable height settings, which will give you an excellent comfortable experience whatever you are typing, playing
- [Save 10% with Promotional Code]: Enter code X3EB5YVK at checkout, you will save about $2.4
Vanble is another outstanding choice in the space, featuring a slim chill mat that best-fit laptops size ranging from 15 to 17 inches, even laptops with a smaller size will do just fine.
The accessory is powered by three 110mm fans capable of pushing a great deal of air, at 1100 RPM, via a USB cord connected directly to your existing laptop.
The product comes with an ergonomic design offering extra support, which features an adjustable height set of two levels helping avoid the commonly experienced back or spine pain.
But that isn’t the best part of the product, Vanble’s real benefit is its ability to make use of its three high-powered fans to cool a laptop effective and within a short time.
It has extra USB ports that make it compatible with third-party devices, and, as a result, increases the PC’s existing connection limit. Also, you don’t need to bother about the device taking up a lot of space on your desk; it only measures a slim 1.1 inches.
- The product is made out of black metal mesh to keep the design futuristic and elegant.
- This is USB-powered with additional USB ports.
- This comes with a two-height adjustment feature to give comfort while using the laptop.
What I Liked
The first thing I find intriguing about this accessory is its three powerful fans that spin at 1,100 RPM and blow air at 65 CFMs. Thus, this makes it one of the few powerful cooling pads with fans for laptops. Also, you don’t get disturbed by the product as the fan operates quietly for a comfortable experience.
Another thing worth saying is its ergonomic design designed with the user’s comfort in mind. You can choose between two height levels to get as comfortable as possible.
The cooling pad is powered via USB. Thus it offers several USB ports, and users can take advantage of the additional USB to power other USB devices.
What I Don’t Like
I find accessing the switch challenging. Vanble cooling pad has its power unit tucked away in hard to reach location.
- Low noise
- Powerful fans
- Solid quality build
- Incredible performance
- Comes with bright LED
- Laptops size above 17 inches may extend over the edge of the pad
- Not appropriate for heavy laptops
3. TopMate Laptop Cooler
- 【Quiet Fans】Two 4.93 inch quiet fans will not disturb you during heat dissipation.
- 【Easy to Carry】Laptop cooling pad weighs only 1.09lb, making it super lightweight. It is completely flat and can be put into backpack or briefcase easily.
- 【Speed Upgrade】2 fans have upgraded the motor with a speed of 1300RPM, cooling pad can bring more air volume and help the laptop to heat dissipation.
- 【Ergonomic Comfort】Laptop cooler have 2 adjustable height settings for more comfortable typing and viewing experience when working or playing games.
- 【Extra USB Port】USB composite power interface. 1 USB port of laptop fan is used to power the laptop, and another USB port is used for other devices.
This cooling pad, TopMate Laptop Cooler, comes with a unique and efficient way to help regulate airflow at an affordable price. It features dual 140mm fans placed close to where laptops often get overheated and capable of spinning as high as 1000 RPM.
Hence, it can regulate your laptop’s temperature irrespective of what you are using your PC for. The 99-inch thick, ultra-slim and wide cooling pad can support laptops of size ranging from 10 to 16 inches including MacBook Air, Apple’s MacBook and others.
- Elegant design and avoid laptops from falling off.
- Two 140mm fans properly placed for optimal cooling effects.
- Several adjustable height and angle for easiness and better viewing experience.
- A blue LCD where the cooling pad features can be controlled.
What I Liked
The cooling pad comes with dual 140mm fans properly placed at where it is needed most. The cooling pad can easily be raised in the rear allowing easy use of the PC and better viewing experience.
TopMate included an extra USB port to will enable users to toggle in other devices or third-party necessary. The build quality is impressive and durable, though it is a plastic build, it passed several drop test.
What I Don’t Like
TopMate did not design the cooling pad to power itself. Instead, it depends on your laptop’s power for juice. Thus, you have to plug it into before you can use it, which drains your battery faster.
- Adjustable height
- Good build quality
- Good value
- Independent power supply
4. HAVIT HV-F2056
- [Ultra-portable]: slim, portable, and light weight allowing you to protect your investment wherever you go
- [Ergonomic comfort]: doubles as an ergonomic stand with two adjustable Height settings
- [Optimized for laptop carrying]: the high-quality multi-directional metal mesh provides your laptop with a wear-resisting and stable laptop carrying surface.
- [Ultra-quiet fans]: three ultra-quiet fans create a noise-free environment for you
- [Extra USB ports]: extra USB port and Power switch design. Built-in dual-USB hub allows for connecting more USB devices.Warm tips: The packaged Cable is USB to USB connection. Type C Connection devices need to prepare an Type C to USB adapter.
If you are looking for one of the best laptop cooling pads to keep your laptop’s temperature low at all times, yet offering you comfort too, then this cooling pad may be just right for you. The accessory has three integrated 110mm fans and able to move a significant amount of air at 1100 RPM each.
The Havit HV-F2056 cooling pad offers a two-level adjustable height to help users get comfort and better viewing experience. The slim cooling pad is powered by an extra convenient USB port connection and wide enough to keep your laptop (15 – 17 inches) functioning optimally at a cold temperature.
- This product is sturdy yet comes in a stylish design, and made with fines of material for extended durability.
- The cooling pad is ultra-slim and lightweight; hence, it is easy to take anywhere on the go.
- Features three integrated 110mm fans for proper air inflow and cooling effects.
- It has a USB port for connecting other third-party devices.
- Designed for comfort with its easily adjustable height
What I like
The first thing one notices with this accessory is nothing. The device is ultra-quiet and provides an outstanding 65 CFM airflow. Also, the cooling pad comes in handy for an individual you are in need of extra USB ports can take advantage of the model’s integrated USB hub.
It commands an amazing amount of air which keeps your laptop cool even when heavily used such as gaming. Besides, it comes with a beautiful LED display that informs you if the device is on or off and doesn’t occur all the space on the desk and easy to tag along.
What I Don’t Like
This accessory is designed to rely on your PC juice to provide you with optimal functioning. This means you have to share your battery juice with the cooling pad which may reduce your fun or work time. Also, you cannot put off the LED light to save your battery from draining faster except the mat is unplugged.
- Slim, portable, and lightweight
- High performance with three ultra-quiet fans
- LED display lets you know when it is on/off
- Two adjustable height settings
- Ultra-portable and easy to carry along
- Extra USB ports
- Doesn’t provide airflow along the edges of the pad
- Only for 15.6 -17-inch laptops
- No Switch for the LED lights
5. THERMALTAKE MASSIVE TM CL-N002-PL12BL-A
- Supports up to 17” notebook computer with aluminum surface
- Supreme Ventilation: Built-in large 200mm fan not only enhances airflow, but also offers the best performance on heat dissipation
- Ergonomic Concept: The adjustable stand of Massive A21 offers user the best visual angle for comfortable viewing height and better gaming experience. 4 adjustable angles: 15, 30, 45, and 60
- 2 years warranty
- Simple and Easy Interface: Fan speed controller and power switch are located at the side of the cooling pad which enables an intuitive fan speed adjustment. (Turbo on: 800RPM)
Are you looking for a cooling pad best suited for a home office? Then this may be the right fit for you. The Thermaltake MASSIVE TM cooling pad has dual integrated 120mm fans able to deliver an incredible amount of air with a maximum RPM of 1300. This makes it appropriate for laptops with larger sizes and requiring a lot of air inflow.
The product provides a fan airflow as high as 61.27 CFM. Thermaltake MASSIVE TM features an ergonomic design increasing user’s utility and comfort with several adjustable height and angles. This is why the cooler has been sought after.
- Composed of durable plastic that sturdy and
- Three different height adjustment angles for better ergonomics.
- The fans can be manually or automatically adjusted for maximizing the cooling effects
- It has a smart display and four adjustable temperature sensors that can be read on it.
What I Like
One feature that is often absent in other cooling pad, is the display panel. It is what draws all the attention. From the smart display, users can regulate the laptop’s temperature by adjusting the fan, lock, turning on or off and perform many other functions.
You also get to adjust both the height and tilt your system till you comfort and feel convenient with the position, which is super cool.
What I Don’t Like
Thermaltake MASSIVE TM’s fans seem to be a bit of noise which often gets me distracted and uncomfortable.
- Highly portable
- Smart Display Panel
- A bit louder than other 120mm fan models
Best Laptop Cooling Pad Buying Guide
Today about everything is digital, our daily task often depends on computers, or they help us achieve this task. Hence, they get used for an extended period which results in increasing temperatures of the computer or laptop which people now prefer.
The surging heat leads to these laptops crashing down and interrupts your day-to-day activities. Sadly, with several products flooding the market, how do you make the right choice? Here are tips to ensure you purchase a cooling pad that will help fix your heating issues.
However, to ensure it doesn’t there are several things you can do. Getting a cooling pad is one of them but there are several other things you can do as well which we have covered in this article.
This is the first thing to consider is how well can this pad cool down your overheating laptop. Buying a cooling pad that cannot effectively and efficiently cool down your PC’s temperature is of no use.
How hard a cooler with fan blows is measured in cubic feet per minute (CFM); meaning a cooling pad with a higher CFM rate will circulate air more.
Other models of cooling pad use materials and open space for its air circulation. Therefore, make sure you check that the location of your laptop air vents aligns with that of the cooling pad.
A laptop cooling pad has three main cooling methods: active, passive and vacuum fans. Each cooling method has its unique advantage(s) over others. Active fans are powerful, but makes a lot of noise.
Passive cooling pads come in a sleek design and less nosey, but its cooling effect isn’t up to par. While the last cooling method is a high-tech but may be inconveniently latched onto your laptop.
Laptop cooling pads without fans are extremely quiet and make no noise at all. However, cooling pad with fans and vacuum coolers need to be checked out for levels. No doubt, cooler with fans will make noise; however, it doesn’t mean they should be as loud as a passing train. Also, you know potent fans often make the louder sound.
Cooling pads designed without fans focus on the build quality to achieve cooling effects. So if you will be purchasing a model without fans, then the build quality must be considered.
The kind of material used to matter, whether it is a heat sink in and of itself, determines how efficient the pads will be and even how durable they would be.
For as low as $20, you can purchase a budget laptop cooling pad. At this price range, active cooling pads offer lower CFM rates, while passive makes use of open space as its cooling method and lacks materials capable of absorbing heat.
At a $20-$40 price range, most customers will find an appropriate cooling pad with powerful fans, excellent build quality, and many other features. While above $40, which offers more fans with here CFM and often durable.
Best Laptop Cooling Pad FAQ’s
Q1: Why does the Laptop Overheat?
Extended hours of use of laptops and CPU Load leads to an increase in the device’s temperature. Although laptops come with integrated small cooling fans, due to heavy and lengthened workload such as gaming, the PC overheats in no time.
Q2: Can Cooling Pad help prevent my laptop from crashing?
Most times, when we have to deal with a crashing laptop, the underlying cause is typically due to overuse. This workload results in an increase in temperature which crashes your laptop.
Therefore, using a cooling pad to regularize its temperature help prevent laptops from crashing. There are of course other potential reasons for a laptop crashing which would be solved by a cooling pad.
Preventing your laptop from overheating should be one of your primary concerns when using it, especially if you’re going to use it for a long time. Luckily, a laptop cooling pad can help you.
Last Updated on March 19, 2020