There is no limit to how laptops can help us achieve and meet our goals. However, continuous use resulting in overheating and can hamper your day-to-day tasks. Fortunately, there is a more comfortable and affordable way to regulate the temperature of your heavily-used laptops – cooling pads.
These accessories are neat and hassle-free providing you with an ergonomic stand for your laptop and extra airflow to cool down the heat.
Sadly, with several cooling pads flooding the market, making the right choice becomes not only challenging but also time-consuming. I’ve done the dirty works and compile a comprehensive list of the best laptop cooling pads.
Our Recommended Laptop Cooling Pads
#1: Thermaltake Massive 20 RGB Steel Mesh Panel
If you’re looking for a cooling pad for your large laptop, the Thermaltake Massive 20 cooling pad won’t break a sweat with your 17-19 inch portable device.
- Set lights and fan speeds effortlessly: Control lights and fan easily via the built‐in control panel including light mode button, color mode button and fan speed knob
- Supreme ventilation: Steel mesh surface with an integrated 200 millimeter silent fan for optimal airflow and high thermal performance
- Ergonomic comfort: Ergonomically designed with 3 adjustable height settings (3°/ 9° /13°) for the best viewing and typing angle
- Designed for 19 inches gaming notebooks: Utilized a large metal mesh surface to support up to 19 inches gaming laptops
- English (Publication Language)
As the name suggests, this stunning laptop cooling pad devours heat, cooling down your laptop optimally, and can even handle larger laptops, accommodating up to 19-inch gaming laptops.
It features a 200mm air system with separate fans for cooling and comes with adjustable fan speed so that you can set it according to your requirements. It also has three separate height adjusters that go up to an angle of 13-degrees to let you work efficiently no matter how slouchy you’re feeling. The massive fan offers improved cooling for larger laptops.
In addition to this, the RGB lighting around the corners features multiple aesthetic modes. You can choose from pulsing, blinking, or just static lighting of various colors with the color mode button on the side.
The base and shell of the body are crafted out of durable quality plastic, and the build quality is decent among what you’ll find in the cooling pad world. If you’re looking to create a ‘cool’ gaming atmosphere with your laptop, Thermaltake is your best partner to tag along.
#2: TopMate C11 Laptop Cooling Pad
The TopMate C11 Laptop cooling pad is truly a masterpiece when it comes to blending cooling efficiency with unmatchable looks.
- 【High Speed Fan】 The laptop cooling pad is composed of four small fans and two large fans. Provide strong wind to reduce the temperature of your laptop effectively.
- 【7 RGB Lighting Modes】 There are extended RGB light bars on both sides of the laptop fan. After the cooling pad is powered on, it can distribute cool RGB lighting effect. It contains 7 kinds of lighting special efficacy, you can choose color breathing light or monochrome breathing light mode by your preferences. Creat a cool atmosphere for you when playing games.
- 【Quiet Fan】The 6 fans of the laptop cooling stand are all added with capacitor components to reduce working noise. At the same time, the fan speed will not reduced, and no annoying noise. Tips: Use 5V / 8V USB charging plug for power supply, the fan speed will be stronger!
- 【5 Heights Adjustment + Mobile Phone Stand】Gaming laptop cooler provide 5 kinds of adjustable height to choose. You can adjust the suitable angle by your needs to relieve the fatigue of the back and neck effectively . The phone holder is stored on the left side of the laptop cooling fan, you can expand it and place your phone to view information easily.
- 【Craft Upgrade】The base and shell made of thermosetting plastic have better texture and are stronger at the same time. The computer cooling pad is compatible with 11-17.3 inch laptop. The two USB ports are reinforced and matched with the braided wire USB cable, which will not loose or fall off easily. The 2 silicone sleeves are used to heighten the anti-skid buckle, which is suitable for large and heavy laptop.
It is equipped with four small fans and two large ones that come along with fan-speed control.
All six fans have been outfitted with capacitors to reduce operating noise at all modes. In other words, you will get a strong but silent breeze cooling down your laptop.
There are extended RGB light bars on both ends of the laptop fan. When you turn on the cooling pad, it’ll light up with various RGB lighting effects. These lights have seven variations of illumination with special effects, and you can choose between color breathing light and monochrome breathing light mode based on your taste.
Apart from that, this amazing cooling pad also comes with five different adjustable heights to choose from. Depending on your needs, you can shift to the desired angle to comfortably work and relieve your back and neck fatigue.
It brings along a sleek texture and strength on its chassis, and it’s sturdy enough to support a heavy gaming laptop in place. Apart from that, it also offers an additional cell phone holder on the side so that you can multitask with two screens easily.
The USB ports are reinforced and matched with the braided wire USB cable, ensuring they don’t wear off or become loose easily. It is a great choice for anyone looking for a cooling pad for their 15.6-17.3 Inch laptop.
#3: KLIM Ultimate + RGB Laptop Cooling Pad
You can’t go wrong with the KLIM cooling pad if you’re looking for a vibrant, exceptional laptop cooler that will make your hustle station steal the show.
- ✅LARGE FAN FOR MAXIMUM COOLING. The KLIM Ultimate's huge 200 mm fan dissipates the heat on your laptop to boost its performance. Avoid overheating now!
- ✅COMPATIBLE WITH ALL SIZES. Any laptop between 10 and 17.3 inches will sit nicely on top of the extra large pad. With 4 inclination levels and a frontal stopper, your laptop will always stay in the ideal position.
- ✅ STYLISH & CUSTOMIZABLE. The bright RGB rim around the cooler has 5 effects and 7 colors to choose from so you can find the best look for your setup.
- ✅ULTRA SILENT. This laptop cooling pad features a powerful fan that spins at 750 RPM and creates a large airflow to cool your computer with minimum noise.
- ✅ UNBEATABLE DURABILITY & 5-YEAR WARRANTY. Made with premium materials and a sturdy metal grid, the KLIM Ultimate is designed to stand the test of time. Covered by a solid 5-year warranty, it's a completely safe purchase.
The KLIM Ultimate is designed to work with laptops up to 17-inches in size. It includes a single 200-millimeter fan with a pace of 750 RPM that will yield enough airflow to keep your laptop cool even if you overload it with multiple tasks.
The entire circumference of this cooling pad is enclosed by elegant bright RGB lights that offer five dynamic contrast effects and seven unique color combinations, letting you customize this gadget to your liking.
Besides making you stand out wherever you go, the KLIM Ultimate cooling pad is extremely stable, holding laptops up to 19 inches in place without hassle.
The handsome warranty is what places the KLIM Ultimate pad apart from the contest. A remarkable five-year warranty backs this pad.
The KLIM Ultimate cooling pad is far quieter than its counterparts, thanks to the single fan unit, and it is what makes it an ideal choice to be used in shared spaces as well.
#4: TECKNET Laptop Cooling Pad
If you want a super-efficient laptop cooling pad without investing too much money, the compact and swift TeckNet Laptop Cooling Pad is your answer.
- 【Adjustable Wind Speed Fans】TECKNET Laptop Cooling Pad with two 110mm adjustable strong fans and metal mesh; Side switch allows free control of the wind speed from 0 to maximum. The lowest wind speed is enough for your normal use with less noise. And the maximum wind effectively prevents heat buildup in intense gaming.
- 【Ultra Portable Laptop Cooler】Slim, portable and lightweight, easy to take away; Blue rear LED indicator helps to notice the active status of the pad.
- 【Extra USB Ports】You can choose USB A or USB C port according to your needs, another USB port for you to connect extra USB devices efficiently.
- 【Ergonomic Comfort】Laptop cooling pad with flat bottom fits nicely on your lap and you can place your device anywhere. Ergonomic design provides a comfortable using experience.
- 【Wide Application】Laptop fan cooling pad provides optimal airflow to help keep your device( laptop, notebook, netbook, ultrabook, or Apple Mac BookPro) cool quickly and avoids overheating during a long period of use. Compatible with various laptop sizes 12/13/14/15/15.6/16 inches, such as Apple Macbook Pro, Air, HP, Alienware, Dell, Lenovo, ASUS, etc.
This lightweight cooling pad is armed with a trio of 118mm whisper-quiet cooling fans that harness adequate cooling through a slim and handy architecture. These fans do the job emitting as low as barely 15dB noise.
It also has a pair of extendable feet and two separate USB ports for plugging in an additional device also if you need it. The plastic build quality on this pad is decent for its price and looks neat even when used in professional settings.
The flat bottom makes it easy to place your device wherever you want, and the unique shape offers a smooth user experience. It comes in both red and blue LED light indicator variations. The crisp rear LED indicator on this pad ensures you about the active status of the pad.
To sum it up, this sleek cooling pad is remarkably quiet, and it does the job of keeping your laptop cool during long periods of use.
It’s a perfect choice if you’re looking to get an on-the-go cooling pad for your Macbook, notebooks, or smaller gaming laptops.
#5: AICHESON Laptop Cooling Pad
If you’re looking for a dependable and convenient laptop cooling pad, the Aicheson laptop cooler is another great option to consider.
- AICHESON S035 laptop cooler is specially designed to cool down up to 17.3 inch laptop. Wave metal mesh, 1000-1500RPM 1 big laptop cooling fan and 4 small fans, flip-up silicone holder, 4 adjustable stand height settings, 2 USB ports, adjustable speeds, foam pad
- This laptop fan cooling pad can accommodate laptops up to 17.3" on desk use. The cooling pad for laptop has a large central fan with two smaller fans on each side (5 total fans). The upper surface of the laptop fans cooling pad is built with metal mesh, and the sides and bottom are plastic
- A metal bar for ergonomic design at the bottom provides an elevation mechanism and 4 adjustable stand heights for a healthy life. A flip-up high-quality silicone grip at the bottom of computer cooling pad surface keeps your laptop from sliding off when it is elevated
- Two USB ports and a switch that turns fans and lights on and off (The greater you turn, the faster the fans run and the brighter the blue LEDs get). A USB-to-USB cord (approx. 1.5ft) is provided to connect the laptop to the laptop cooler pad for power
- The cooling fan for laptop can help to raise the height from 2.4" - 4.8", and the angles are available to be adjusted from 7.5 - 21.5 degrees. Help to relieve neck pain caused by prolonged laptop use and incorrect posture.
This heavy-duty yet lightweight laptop cooling pad is specially crafted for gaming laptops ranging from 15.6 to 17.3 inches.
The Aicheson laptop cooling pad packs in five separate fans that run at an impressive 1000-1500 RPM for excellent cooling. The speeds on these fans are adjustable through a control switch, so you can decide when to unleash maximum power.
All of these fans are excellently positioned in a wave steel mesh. The central fan is built larger than the surrounding ones on each side for delivering additional endurance.
The same control switch is also in charge of the stunning lighting on this pad. It lets you alter the intensity and contrast of the LEDs to match your mood.
The design also includes four height configurations that can be altered from 7.5 – 21.5 degrees as you want. This sturdy cooling pad’s base is made using a high-quality silicone grip that keeps your laptop from sliding off even when it’s at an elevated angle.
Apart from the main USB port, an additional one is also included with this cooling pad for your gaming laptops.
This metal laptop chill desk is the spot-on choice for anyone to eliminate overheating issues and relieve neck fatigue from prolonged working hours.
#6: Tree New Bee Cooling Pads
- 【Compatible Laptop】Fancy Buying laptop fan cooling pad compatible with almost all 12''-17.3'' laptop, such as Apple Macbook Pro Air, Hp, Alienware, Dell, Lenovo, ASUS, etc..
- 【Super Cooling & Quiet】Laptop cooling pad with 4 quite fans create a noise-free & interference-free environment for you. with Green LED, The fans rapid cooling effect prevents your laptop from overheating and is perfect for gaming.
- 【Ergonomic Design】Ergonomic stand with adjustable height settings to play games or watch movies at the most comfortable angle for all-day viewing. Laptop cooling pad stand can be hidden if you don't need to use it. High and low shield anti-skid mats in the front to prevent laptop from slipping off，design for different thickness laptop.
- 【Unique USB & Port Desgin】Laptop cooling pad with built-in Two USB ports, allows to connect other USB; with built-in USB cable storage box; Using Nylon braided cable, more cool and durable, also easy to set into storage box;
- 【Non-Slip Baffle】: Two suppressible non-slip baffle, effectively prevent laptop slipping off
The product, Tree New Bee cooling pad, is an excellent pick for anyone looking for a cooling pad with incredible features, build quality, and ergonomic design. Perfect for gamers who need some serious cooling!
The accessory works with laptops sized from 15.6 to 17 inches. Made with four 120mm fans that move a great deal of air at up to 1200 RPM, and dials on its sides to control the fan speed.
The fans are lit with prevailing blue LEDs which gives it an elegant look. Also, the cooling pad is built ergonomically allowing you to tilt up the cooling pads.
The Tree New Bee is designed to provide heavy laptop users a chance to protect their laptops from overheating and crashing as a result of heat.
- This is a lightweight, slim, and portable cooling pad allowing users to protect their laptops anywhere you are.
- Its extra USB ports and built-in dual-USB hub allows more efficient connections.
- This comes with 4 USB fans to help keep PCs running smoothly at a colder temperature.
- It features Two Anti-Skid Arms and a Metal platform, which draws the heat away from the laptop.
- Ergonomic design with adjustable height setting for a natural point of view
What I Liked
Aside from the fact that the cooling pad has a futuristic look which gives it an elegant outlook, the device works efficiently and surprisingly comes at an affordable price.
Unlike other cooling pads, Tree New Bee does not make noise and leaves you in charge of the fan’s speed or how many fans (the entire fans or just two fans) you want operational.
Another incredible feature is its ergonomic design, which helps users adjust their laptop to whatever angles work for you best, and, as such, result in higher efficiency.
What I Didn’t Like
No doubt, the product sounds impressive; however, some customers complained of receiving a defective cooling pad. Also, users need to be cautious of the angle to which they tilt their PC as the cooling pad may cause the laptop to slide down.
- Slim and lightweight
- Solid build
- Low noise
- The laptop may fall off at a higher angle
#7: Vanble Laptop Cooling Pad
Vanble is another outstanding choice in the space, featuring a slim chill mat that best-fit laptops size ranging from 15 to 17 inches, even laptops with a smaller size will do just fine.
The accessory is powered by three 110mm fans capable of pushing a great deal of air, at 1100 RPM, via a USB cord connected directly to your existing laptop.
The product comes with an ergonomic design offering extra support, which features an adjustable height set of two levels helping avoid the commonly experienced back or spine pain.
But that isn’t the best part of the product, Vanble’s real benefit is its ability to make use of its three high-powered fans to cool a laptop effectively and within a short time.
It has extra USB ports that make it compatible with third-party devices, and, as a result, increases the PC’s existing connection limit. Also, you don’t need to bother about the device taking up a lot of space on your desk; it only measures a slim 1.1 inches.
- The product is made out of black metal mesh to keep the design futuristic and elegant.
- This is USB-powered with additional USB ports.
- This comes with a two-height adjustment feature to give comfort while using the laptop.
What I Liked
The first thing I find intriguing about this accessory is its three powerful fans that spin at 1,100 RPM and blow air at 65 CFMs. Thus, this makes it one of the few powerful cooling pads with fans for gaming laptops. Also, you don’t get disturbed by the product as the fan operates quietly for a comfortable experience.
Another thing worth saying is its ergonomic design designed with the user’s comfort in mind. You can choose between two height levels to get as comfortable as possible.
The cooling pad is powered via USB. Thus it offers several USB ports, and users can take advantage of the additional USB to power other USB devices.
What I Don’t Like
I find accessing the switch challenging. Vanble cooling pad has its power unit tucked away in hard to reach location.
- Low noise
- Powerful fans
- Solid quality build
- Incredible performance
- Comes with a bright LED
- Laptops size above 17 inches may extend over the edge of the pad
- Not appropriate for heavy laptops
#8: TopMate Laptop Cooler
- 【Quiet Fans】The laptop fan has two 4.93 inch quiet fans which will not disturb you during heat dissipation.
- 【Easy to Carry】Laptop cooling pad weighs only 1.09lb, making it super lightweight. It can be completely flat and put into backpack or briefcase easily.
- 【Speed Upgrade】2 fans have upgraded the motor with a speed of 1300RPM, the cooler pad can bring more air volume and prevent the laptop router hub xbox ps4 ps5 from overheating.
- 【Ergonomic Comfort】Laptop cooler stand have 2 adjustable height settings for more comfortable typing and viewing experience when working or playing games.
- 【Extra USB Port】USB composite power interface. The USB port of computer cooling stand is used to power the laptop, and another USB port is used for other devices.
This cooling pad, TopMate Laptop Cooler, comes with a unique and efficient way to help regulate airflow at an affordable price. It features dual 140mm fans placed close to where laptops often get overheated and capable of spinning as high as 1000 RPM.
Hence, it can regulate your laptop’s temperature irrespective of what you are using your PC for. The 99-inch thick, ultra-slim, and wide cooling pad can support laptops of sizes ranging from 10 to 16 inches including MacBook Air, Apple’s MacBook, and others.
- Elegant design and avoid laptops from falling off.
- Two 140mm fans are properly placed for optimal cooling effects.
- Several adjustable heights and angles for easiness and a better viewing experience.
- A blue LCD where the cooling pad features can be controlled.
What I Liked
The cooling pad comes with dual 140mm fans properly placed where it is needed most. The cooling pad can easily be raised in the rear allowing easy use of the PC and a better viewing experience.
TopMate included an extra USB port to will enable users to toggle in other devices or third-party necessary. The build quality is impressive and durable, though it is a plastic build, it passed several drop tests.
What I Don’t Like
TopMate did not design the cooling pad to power itself. Instead, it depends on your laptop’s power for juice. Thus, you have to plug it into it before you can use it, which drains your battery faster.
- Adjustable height
- Good build quality
- Good value
- Independent power supply
#9: HAVIT HV-F2056
- [Ultra-portable]: slim, portable, and light weight allowing you to protect your investment wherever you go
- [Ergonomic comfort]: doubles as an ergonomic stand with two adjustable Height settings
- [Optimized for laptop carrying]: the high-quality multi-directional metal mesh provides your laptop with a wear-resisting and stable laptop carrying surface.
- [Ultra-quiet fans]: three ultra-quiet fans create a noise-free environment for you
- [Extra USB ports]: extra USB port and Power switch design. Built-in dual-USB hub allows for connecting more USB devices.Warm tips: The packaged Cable is USB to USB connection. Type C Connection devices need to prepare an Type C to USB adapter.
If you are looking for one of the best laptop cooling pads to keep your laptop’s temperature low at all times, yet offer you comfort too, then this cooling pad may be just right for you. The accessory has three integrated 110mm fans and is able to move a significant amount of air at 1100 RPM each.
The Havit HV-F2056 cooling pad offers a two-level adjustable height to help users get comfort and a better viewing experience. The slim cooling pad is powered by an extra convenient USB port connection and wide enough to keep your laptop (15 – 17 inches) functioning optimally at a cold temperature.
- This product is sturdy yet comes in a stylish design, and made with fines of material for extended durability.
- The cooling pad is ultra-slim and lightweight; hence, it is easy to take anywhere on the go.
- Features three integrated 110mm fans for proper air inflow and cooling effects.
- It has a USB port for connecting other third-party devices.
- Designed for comfort with its easily adjustable height
What I like
The first thing one notices with this accessory is nothing. The device is ultra-quiet and provides an outstanding 65 CFM airflow. Also, the cooling pad comes in handy for an individual who needs extra USB ports can take advantage of the model’s integrated USB hub.
It commands an amazing amount of air which keeps your laptop cool even when heavily used such as gaming. Besides, it comes with a beautiful LED display that informs you if the device is on or off and doesn’t occur all the space on the desk and is easy to tag along.
What I Don’t Like
This accessory is powered by your laptop to provide you with optimal functioning. This means you have to share your battery juice with the cooling pad which may reduce your fun or work time. Also, you cannot put off the LED light to save your battery from draining faster except the mat is unplugged.
- Slim, portable, and lightweight
- High performance with three ultra-quiet fans
- LED display lets you know when it is on/off
- Two adjustable height settings
- Ultra-portable and easy to carry along
- Extra USB ports
- Doesn’t provide airflow along the edges of the pad
- Only for 15.6 -17-inch laptops
- No Switch for the LED lights
#10: THERMALTAKE MASSIVE TM CL-N002-PL12BL-A
- Supports up to 17” notebook computer with aluminum surface
- Supreme Ventilation: Built-in large 200mm fan not only enhances airflow, but also offers the best performance on heat dissipation
- Simple and Easy Interface: Fan speed controller and power switch are located at the side of the cooling pad which enables an intuitive fan speed adjustment. (Turbo on: 800RPM)
- Ergonomic Concept: The adjustable stand of Massive A21 offers user the best visual angle for comfortable viewing height and better gaming experience. 4 adjustable angles: 15, 30, 45, and 60
Are you looking for a cooling pad best suited for a home office? Then this may be the right fit for you. The Thermaltake MASSIVE TM cooling pad has dual integrated 120mm fans able to deliver an incredible amount of air with a maximum RPM of 1300. This makes it appropriate for laptops with larger sizes and requiring a lot of air inflow.
The product provides a fan airflow as high as 61.27 CFM. Thermaltake MASSIVE TM features an ergonomic design increasing user’s utility and comfort with several adjustable heights and angles. This is why the cooler has been sought after.
- Composed of durable plastic that sturdy and
- Three different height adjustment angles for better ergonomics.
- The fans can be manually or automatically adjusted for maximizing the cooling effects
- It has a smart display and four adjustable temperature sensors that can be read on it.
What I Like
One feature that is often absent in other cooling pads, is the display panel. It is what draws all the attention. From the smart display, users can regulate the laptop’s temperature by adjusting the fan, lock, turning it on or off, and perform many other functions.
You also get to adjust both the height and tilt your system till you comfort and feel convenient with the position, which is super cool.
What I Don’t Like
Thermaltake MASSIVE TM’s fans seem to be a bit of noise which often gets me distracted and uncomfortable.
- Highly portable
- Smart Display Panel
- A bit louder than other 120mm fan models
How to buy a Laptop cooler
Today about everything is digital, our daily task often depends on computers, or they help us achieve this task. Hence, they get used for an extended period which results in increasing temperatures of the computer or laptop which people now prefer.
The surging heat leads to these laptops crashing down and interrupts your day-to-day activities. Sadly, with several products flooding the market, how do you make the right choice? Here are tips to ensure you purchase a cooling pad that will help fix your heating issues.
However, to ensure it doesn’t there are several things you can do. Getting a cooling pad is one of them but there are several other things you can do as well which we have covered in this article.
This is the first thing to consider is how well can this pad cool down your overheating laptop. Buying a cooling pad that cannot effectively and efficiently cool down your PC’s temperature is of no use.
How hard a cooler with fan blows is measured in cubic feet per minute (CFM); meaning a cooling pad with a higher CFM rate will circulate air more.
Other models of cooling pads use materials and open space for air circulation. Therefore, make sure you check that the location of your laptop air vents aligns with that of the cooling pad.
A laptop cooling pad has three main cooling methods: active, passive, and vacuum fans. Each cooling method has its unique advantage(s) over others. Active fans are powerful, but make a lot of noise.
Passive cooling pads come in a sleek design and less nosey, but their cooling effect isn’t up to par. While the last cooling method is high-tech but may be inconveniently latched onto your laptop.
Laptop cooling pads without fans are extremely quiet and make no noise at all. However, a cooling pad with fans and vacuum coolers need to be checked out for levels. No doubt, cooler with fans will make noise; however, it doesn’t mean they should be as loud as a passing train. Also, you know potent fans often make the louder sound.
Cooling pads designed without fans focus on the build quality to achieve cooling effects. So if you will be purchasing a model without fans, then the build quality must be considered.
The kind of material used to matter, whether it is a heat sink in and of itself, determines how efficient the pads will be and even how durable they would be.
For as low as $20, you can purchase a budget laptop cooling pad. At this price range, active cooling pads offer lower CFM rates, while passive makes use of open space as its cooling method and lacks materials capable of absorbing heat.
At a $20-$40 price range, most customers will find an appropriate cooling pad with powerful fans, excellent build quality, and many other features. While above $40, which offers more fans with here CFM and is often durable.
Q1: Why does the Laptop Overheat?
Extended hours of use of laptops and CPU Load leads to an increase in the device’s temperature. Although laptops come with integrated small cooling fans, due to heavy and lengthened workload such as gaming, the PC overheats in no time.
Q2: Can Cooling Pad help prevent my laptop from crashing?
Most times, when we have to deal with a crashing laptop, the underlying cause is typically due to overuse. This workload results in an increase in temperature which crashes your laptop.
Therefore, using a cooling pad to regularize its temperature help prevent laptops from crashing. There are of course other potential reasons for a laptop crashing which would be solved by a cooling pad.