While most people will tell you that you do not need a laptop for podcasting, trust me, if you want to do it right, a laptop is an important addition in your armory.
And even more so if you use some of the latest podcasting software like as Audacity, Adobe Audition, and Garageband. Not to forget, the tons of other benefits it can offer.
So how do you find the right laptop? Well, you don’t. I already did all the hard work needed.
I tried and tested 15 laptops and picked and here are my picks for the best laptops for podcasting in 2019 based on every budget and need.
Best Laptop for Podcasting 2019
Apple Macbook Pro
||View on Amazon|
Microsoft Surface Pro 6
||View on Amazon|
Acer Aspire E15
||View on Amazon|
ASUS Vivibook F510UA-AH55
||View on Amazon|
Podcasting Laptops Reviewed in Detail
Are you willing to spend big for top-notch features that will make podcasting a breeze? Then the MacBook Pro is just the laptop of your dreams and here’s why.
What’s to Like
First and foremost, the thing I love the most about a MacBook, be it, Air or Pro is that they allow me to work on the go.
That is because they are compact and ultralight. The Pro weighs just 2.9lbs while the 13-inch screen means I can continue to work even when I am cramped up for room in a flight.
You also have the choice of a 15-inch screen which is ideal if you usually work on your podcast from your home or office or simply like a larger display for easy viewing.
But the benefits of the 15-inch are not just limited to a larger screen, this MacBook also features a more powerful processor sure to help fly through your day to day tasks without any bumps.
And what really makes the MacBook Pro display worthwhile isn’t the size but the Retina Display that deliver eye-popping display. But does that display not matter much to you?
Let’s talk about the features that make a bigger impact.
The MacBook comes with a 6-Core Intel i7 Processor which in tandem with the 16GB RAM guarantees you a quick and smooth operation.
That is irrespective of whether you run one or multiple editing apps or tabs simultaneously (yup, this bad boy can pretty much handle it all).
Also, improving your productivity and helping you quickly shuffle between various options is the Touch Bar which displays customized options based on the app you are using
Furthermore, there is the 512GB SSD which not only guarantees you ample storage for all your videos and editing software but also quicker load and boot times.
And then when you just want to chill with your squad playing Fortnite or bigger games like GTA V, FIFA, etc. the Radeon Pro 560X Graphics Card is just the ideal graphics card for it.
To ensures all your data is transferred at the fastest possible speeds, the MacBook Pro comes with 4 Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports (now, transfer data at speeds up to 40GBPS).
The Audio of the laptop is way better than most Windows laptops so you do not necessarily need a high-end headphone.
Team up with the 10-hour battery life and you have the ultimate gear for all your podcasting needs.
- Screen Size:15-inches (13-inch also available).
- Storage: 512GB SSD.
- RAM:16GB RAM.
- Processor: 8th Gen i7 processor
- Graphics card: Radeon Pro 560 4GB (Dedicated)
- Weight: 9lbs
Well, the only main issue with it is the high price but if you the budget, this is an absolute peach (a laptop you do not want to miss out on).
- The lightweight and portable build means you can work from anywhere
- Retina display delivers surreal visuals
- The excellent speakers eliminate the need for a headphone
- Gives up to 10 hours of battery life
- The 512GB SSD gives ample space for storing all files
- SSD also guarantees you faster boot and loading time for apps
- The i7 Processor and 16GB RAM allow for smooth multitasking
- With 4 Thunderbolt 3 USB Ports data can be transferred at speeds up to 40GBPS
- The Radeon Pro 560X Graphics Card is good enough to enjoy some game time
- Touch bar increases productivity by providing app-related options
- It is one of the most expensive laptops on the list
If you would like to stick with Apple but looking for something cheaper, the MacBook Air is perfect and believe it or not is an Amazon best-seller.
Microsoft Surface Pro 6 offers a great mid-range solution to podcasters and perfectly combines cost-effectiveness with excellent features.
What’s to like
The best about using the Surface Pro is its versatility. That means you can go from using it as a laptop to a tablet or in tent mode within seconds.
This makes the Surface Pro another very travel-friendly option (so you can upload your podcasts while enjoying coffee in the hills or while chilling at the beach).
Plus, it weighs just 4 pounds and thus carrying it around in any mode should be hassle-free.
And to run any software you have been using to make edits or to easily handle the numerous tabs you work with, the laptop is equipped with an i5 processor and 8GB RAM.
If you want something even more powerful, you can go with the i7 variant but then again you will have to pay the big bucks.
Another awesome feature of the Surface Pro is its PixelSense Display. The 12.3-inch Full-HD display will give you colors and contrast that are sure to leave you in awe of it (just what you need for a perfect movie night).
You also get a 256GB SSD. And as you probably already know an SSD is way faster than an HDD. Plus, 256GB is a pretty good amount of storage space as well.
The battery life of the laptop is another mention worthy feature as it can run for a whopping 10-11 hours on a single charge.
And lastly, with the USB 3.0 port, you can easily have your data backed up within a matter of minutes.
- Screen Size:3-inches Full-HD
- Storage: 256GB SSD.
- RAM:8GB RAM.
- Processor: i5 processor
- Graphics card: Intel UHD Graphics 620 (Integrated)
- Weight: 4lbs
Firstly, the graphics card is a bit of a letdown. While the integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620 can handle a few games like Fortnite or PUBG and other on lower graphics setting, playing the latest games can be an issue.
Also, you do not need any of the accessories like the 360 Surface Dial or the mouse but in case you intend on getting them, they are charged separately and thus increase the overall cost
- It can be used as a laptop, tablet or even in tent mode offering you excellent versatility
- It is both lightweight and compact and thus easy to carry
- 3-inch PixelDisplay delivers great colors and contrast
- The i5 Processor and 8GB RAM can handle various software and multiple tabs
- Comes with a USB 3.0 port for high transfer speeds
- The 256GB SSD is both spacious and fast
- The battery lasts for about 6-8 hours which is a good runtime
- Low-powered graphics card
- Buying the accessories can increase the purchase cost