As an Amazon Associate we earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Are you a realtor looking for a laptop that you can easily carry around for client meetings? Then you are in the right place.
You don’t just need a laptop that is light and compact, you need one that has a long battery life, good display as well as powerful enough to run realtor software you use.
But choosing out of hundreds of available laptops can be tough. Thankfully, we will make that decision a whole lot easier. After testing over 25 laptops, we picked out the 5 best laptops for realtors in 2020.
Best Laptops for Realtors in 2020
New Apple MacBook Air
Dell XPS 15
ASUS VivoBook 15
Microsoft Surface Pro 6
New Apple MacBook Air
Dell XPS 15
ASUS VivoBook 15
Microsoft Surface Pro 6
Best Laptops for Realtors Reviewed
#1: New Apple MacBook Air
There is no denying Apple creates an impression and that is exactly what is needed when you meet your clients for the first time. But the MacBook Air is more than just a stylish laptop, it is packed with features tailor-made for realtors as well. More about them below.
- Stunning 13.3-inch Retina display with True Tone technology
- Backlit Magic Keyboard and Touch ID
- Tenth-generation Intel Core i5 processor
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics
- Fast SSD storage
Whether you are a pro or a beginner but I am sure you are using realtor software such as Zillow Premier Agent, RealScout or Showing Suite, right?
Well, the New MacBook Air comes with ample features to run them smoothly so your business continues to flourish without a hitch.
This mainly because of its Intel Core i5 processor with a capability to turbo boost at 3.5GHz. Furthermore, there is the 8GB RAM that ensures easy multitasking (now run all your software and multiple browsing windows without your laptop hanging).
Then there is also the 512GB SSD. In case you didn’t know SSDs not only add to boot speed so it takes a mere 10 seconds to start your laptop but also lasts longer than HDDs as they have lesser running parts. That means you won’t have to worry about repairs for quite some time.
And considering repairs on any MacBook can be expensive, that is a real bonus.
If there is one thing, MacBooks are known for is their portability (at least it is a major reason why I use them) and the new model does not disappoint either as it weighs a mere 4 pounds.
Furthermore, it has a height of 0.64 inches and a width of 14.09 inches which means you can easily carry it around in any laptop bag and use even when cramped for space like on a flight, in the train, etc.
Display and TouchBar
Since the MacBook comes with a retina display that has an excellent resolution of 3072×1920, the display is crisp and clear. This is not only great news for trading but also brings movies to life (because once in a while, we all deserve a break).
Plus, staring at the screen looking at the stocks fall and rise won’t give you red, tired eyes as Retina Display is known to have a lesser strain on the eyes compared to other screen types. To top it all, this is the first MacBook with a 16-inch screen which makes viewing even more convenient and clear
The TouchBar shows you custom options depending on the program you are using that allows you to perform various activities with a simple touch. For example, if you are using the ProTrader trading software, it will give you options to complete or set up trades in seconds.
Your laptop is only good enough to be carried around if it has a good battery life and MacBook delivers just that. It gives a battery backup of about 12 hours making it easier to work from the beach, the cafe, etc. (no charging point around? No problem).
Backing up important data with the MacBook takes mere seconds to minutes thanks to the Thunderbolts which supports transfer speeds of up to 40 Gbps.
Well, Apple products are for premium users so if you have a budget of $2000+ only then this is worth the consideration. Also, though the laptop won’t give you any trouble for years, when it does, repairs are comparatively expensive as well.
Lastly, not all trading software runs on Apple so make sure the one you use is compatible with it before making a purchase.
- It delivers an excellent 12 hours of battery life
- It is light and compact which makes it easy to carry around and trade from anywhere you want
- Powerful i7 processor along with SSD and 16GB RAM allows you to run multiple programs and browse without the laptop hanging
- TouchBar shows custom options based on the software you use
- Data transfer can be done at superfast speeds (up to 40 Gbps) with Thunderbolt ports
- Retina Display gives you excellent colors, shadows, and brightness and puts less strain on the eye
- This laptop will cost you $2000+
- Repair cost with MacBooks are higher
- Not all trading platforms support Apple
#2: Dell XPS 15
When you are looking for a laptop for movies, there is one thing you simply cannot compromise on and that is the display. But the Dell XPS 15 doesn’t just have an eye-popping display, there’s more to this beast than meets the eye.
- 15. 6" FHD (1920 x 1080) InfinityEdge Anti-Glare Non-touch IPS 100% sRGB 500-Nits display
- 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750H (12MB Cache, up to 4. 5 GHz, 6 cores)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5
- 256GB M. 2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive
- 16GB DDR4-2666MHz, 2x8G, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, English
If you thought you could not enjoy quality like your HD TV on your laptop, your world is about to change.
The Dell XPS will 2x those eye-grabbing colors and details as it is equipped with a large 15.6”, 4K display. With 6 million more pixels than Full-HD screens, 4K ensures you never have to worry about blurred pictures or jagged lines ever again.
But that’s just the beginning.
Furthermore, the display is OLED. And in case you didn’t know, OLED delivers more life-like images as it is able to achieve full blackness and whiteness where needed, a contrast range not many laptop screens can achieve.
The anti-reflective screen in tandem with the 500-nit brightness means you can watch movies in sunlight as well. Plus, it has a wider viewing panel so you get a clear picture from pretty much any angle (watching movies with your bae just got a whole lot more comfortable).
It also features InfinityEdge Technology which makes the laptop almost borderless. Yup, the bezel measures just 6.04mm on the sides and 7.08mm on the top. Furthermore, there are features like the CinemaColor that help add more vibrancy and depth making the pictures more realistic.
But what is a jaw-dropping display without awesome sound, right?
This is why the Dell XPS is equipped with the Waves MaxxAudio® Pro which ensures each and every dialogue is crystal clear and you get to hear every beat on those songs you so love (no earphones? No problem).
You have great sound and display, now the one thing you do not want is for slow internet speed to kill the stream, right?
To counter this, the laptop comes with a CinemaStream that allows users to channel bandwidth to the particular stream (say goodbye to trouble of buffer).
And you can carry the laptop around with you anywhere and everywhere as it weighs just 5lbs.
Lastly, the laptop has an i7 processor, 16GB RAM, and GeForce GTX 1650 graphics card which is powerful enough for professional work like programming, graphics designing and even a few games like Overwatch.
One of the few drawbacks here is that the laptop comes with just a 256GB SSD. While that makes the laptop fast, you will need to upgrade memory if you happen to store a lot of data on your laptop.
Also, it costs over $1000 but if you are a movie fanatic, its display and performance are worth every penny.
- Comes with a 4K display
- OLED screen ensure better colors and more details compared to an LCD
- The display is almost borderless giving you more viewing area
- Get crystal clear images in bright sunlight and from almost every angle
- Waves MaxxAudio® Pro deliver excellent music and dialogues
- CinemaStream allows you to adjust bandwidth for a smoother stream
- It is lightweight
- Powerful enough to be also used for programming, graphics designing, etc.
- Costs more than $1000
- It has less space
3. Microsoft Surface Pro 6
If you are looking for something even more portable and sleeker than the MacBook, the Microsoft Surface Pro 6 is just what you need, and here’s why.
- A best in class laptop with the versatility of a studio and tablet
- More power now with the new 8th Generation Intel Core processor
- Ultra slim and light, starting at just 1.7 pounds. Sensors : Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope
- All day battery life, with upto 13.5 hours of video playback
- Pair with our signature type cover in luxurious Alcantara material and rich colors for a full keyboard experience
If we had to rate the Microsoft Surface Pro on versatility, it would get a big 10. After all, it is one of the lightest laptops on the list with a weight of a mere 1.73lbs (it is almost like carrying a tablet or smartphone).
But that’s not all.
It is also convertible. This allows you to turn it into a tablet or use it in studio mode other than a traditional laptop. For watching movies while relaxing at the lounge, the studio is perfect whereas when your FarmTown needs attention or you want to crush it at CandyCrush, the tablet mode will best suit you.
Apart from being versatile, the Microsoft Surface Pro 6 also packs a punch in the performance department, and here’s why.
And to run any software you have been using to make edits or to easily handle the numerous tabs you work with, the laptop is equipped with an i5 processor and 8GB RAM.
If you want something even more powerful, you can go with the i7 variant but then again you will have to pay the big bucks.
Another awesome feature of the Surface Pro is its PixelSense Display. The 12.3-inch Full-HD display will give you colors and contrast that are sure to leave you in awe of it (movie night just a got a lot better).
You also get a 256GB SSD. And as you probably already know an SSD is way faster than a hard drive so your laptop boots in a flash and the apps load much faster.
The battery life of the laptop is another mention worthy feature as it can run for a whopping 10-11 hours on a single charge.
And lastly, with the USB 3.0 port, you can easily have your data backed up within a matter of minutes.
Firstly, the graphics card is a bit of a letdown. While the integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620 can handle a few games like Fortnite or PUBG and other on lower graphics setting, playing the latest games can be an issue.
Also, you do not need any of the accessories like the 360 Surface Dial or the mouse but in case you intend on getting them, they are charged separately and thus increase the overall cost.
Lastly, the 256GB of space won’t be enough for people with lots of videos and images to store so make sure you take regular backups to maintain the high speed an SSD promises.
- It can be used as a laptop, tablet or even in tent mode offering you excellent versatility
- It is both lightweight and compact and thus easy to carry
- 3-inch PixelDisplay delivers great colors and contrast
- The i5 processor and 8GB RAM can handle various software and multiple tabs
- Comes with a USB 3.0 port for high transfer speeds
- The 256GB SSD is really quick
- The battery lasts for about 6-8 hours which is a good runtime
- Low-powered graphics card
- Buying the accessories can increase the purchase cost
- Disk space is low
#4: ASUS VivoBook
- 15.6 inch full HD 4 way NanoEdge bezel display with stunning 88% screen-to-body ratio
- Intel core i3-8145U processor (4M Cache, upto 3.9 GHz)
- 8GB RAM and 128GB M.2 SSD; Windows 10 in S mode (switchable to windows 10 home)
- Ergonomic backlit chiclet keyboard with fingerprint sensor activated via Windows hello
- Exclusive Ergolift design for an improved typing position
With a 6 core, Intel i7 Processor capable of ramping it up to a whopping 4.1 GHz and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 Graphics Card that has a dedicated 6 GB GDDR5 RAM, this laptop provides you with the ultimate gaming experience.
And to forget the 8 GB DDR4 RAM that already exists which can be upped to 32 GB if need be. Plus, to give you the best of both worlds, it comes with a 128 GB and 1TB HDD (so it works like the flash yet can store the largest of games).
Then there is also the VR ready and Full-HD 15-inch crystal clear display (so you never miss out on the smallest of details). And you would think after all those long hours of PubG and Fortnite you’d have tired, red eyes but no. To protect you from that screen has an anti-glare coating.
Lastly, providing the icing on the cake is the multi-colored backlit keyboard that really sets in the feel of a gaming laptop and provides you uninterrupted gaming even at night.
The only issue with the laptop is its slightly lower battery life i.e. 5-6 hours but considering the features, it is armed with, that’s no surprise.
That aside, irrespective of whether it is black Friday sale or not, this is one gaming laptop you cannot go wrong with.
- Comes with a high-grade 6-core i7 processor for an ultimate gaming experience
- The 8GB RAM can be upgraded to 32GB
- Includes both a 128GB SSD and 1TB HDD for both space and speed
- The 15.6-inch Full-HD VR ready display gives you a crystal clear display
- Plus, it’s anti-glare to keep eyes from straining
- The backlit keyboard allows night time gaming
- Low Battery Life
#5: HP Chromebook X360
- Reliable performance and expansive Display: stream, surf and speed through tasks from sun up to sun down everyday with the portable PC built to keep you productive and entertained from anywhere, Plus dual microphones with advanced noise reduction Software so you're always crystal clear when you video chat or record
- Four versatile modes: easily convert from laptop mode to tablet, stand or tent mode for notetaking, drawing and other daily activities that feel as natural as pen on paper
- Google play store: the millions of Android apps you know and love on your phone and tablet can now run on your chrome device without compromising their speed, simplicity or security
- Processor: intel(r) celeron(r) N4000, Dual-Core, 1.1 GHz Base frequency, up to 2.6 GHz burst frequency
- Display: Enjoy movies and photos with high-definition detail of 1 million pixels and 14.0-Inch diagonal HD SVA bright View WLED-backlit Display (1366x768)
If you’re looking for a Chromebook, it doesn’t get any better than the HP Chromebook X360. The best part about it has to be the Google Assistant. Just say the word and you can appointments scheduled, calls made, questions answered, etc. (a virtual assistant like none other).
And ensuring you smooth operation through all your browsing, movies, etc. is an i5 processor and an 8GB RAM. Plus, it has a 128 GB disk for file storage, quick boot time (takes just 10 seconds), etc. which way more than most Chromebook offer
Secondly, the 10-hour battery life ensures you do not have to run around for a charger. But in case you do run out of battery, with the fast charge, it only takes a mere couple of hours to get it to optimum levels.
Another standout feature of the Pixelbook is its versatility. Apart from being used as a laptop it also has a tent mode, tablet mode, and entertainment mode (there’s one for every mood).
Lastly, it is also lightweight which makes carrying it around easy while the aluminum construction and Gorilla Glass make it a highly durable Chromebook.
This isn’t the most powerful of Pixelbooks, if you have the funds you can also go for the 512GB, i7 processor variant.
- Comes with an i5 processor and 8GB RAM for smooth working
- Boots in 10 seconds
- 128 GB SSD gives you ample storage and great speed
- It can also be used in tent, tablet or entertainment mode
- Carrying it is easy as it is lightweight
- It also one of the most durable Chromebooks
- There is a more powerful Pixebook variant you can buy
Last Updated on